which TT-01?

Old 08-28-2005, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

yes, you can definitely upgrade the stock TA05 with tamiya or aftermarket hopups. right now, tamiya hopups include aluminum threaded shocks, stabilizer bars, universal driveshafts, and other stuff i forgot i also saw carbon fiber shock towers, battery holder, etc. but im not sure what company made them

if you decide on the TA05, click on this ...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=68261

... lots of info here on the TA05
Old 08-28-2005, 05:47 PM
Tech Initiate

after thinking it through, i finally decided to get a TA-05. Thanks all, esp marvi.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:26 AM
Tech Addict

cool, good choice heaps better than a TT-01
Old 08-29-2005, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

congrats on your purchase i suggest you dont go overboard on the hopups yet

if you still have to buy electronics, invest in a good radio system, charger, and esc. if you are on a budget, look around for used rc stuff and buy from someone you trust. you can try asking around in rc racetracks because in my opinion, racers take good care of their equipment and they constantly upgrade. you dont have to buy the best motor or battery yet. a couple of nimh (3300mah and up) battery packs is all you need. you can reuse them during the day as long as you give them time to cool down in between charges and uses.

good luck assembling and running the kit
Old 08-29-2005, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

i would go for the ta-05, ive had the tt-01 and its a good car for begginars, but if you have yo choose between the tt-01r and t-01d get the tt-01r much more better
Old 08-29-2005, 06:57 AM
Tech Initiate

hehe. intending to get it over this weekend with my buddies.

will post pics later this week, and I could prob need the help of experts here

dun intend to get any hops yet, but will do that once i am comfortable with the car.

Is a good radio system essential?

This car requires

1. ESC
2. Futaba Gun Controller (dunno which model but the lady quoted me one the cheapest available.
3. batteries (GP 3300mAh)
4. fast charger (45 mins)

I need help again.

Which ESC, and Gun Controller is good, aka VFM (Value for money), or least good for rookies like me?

Old 08-29-2005, 08:05 PM
Tech Initiate

for a 2nd hand evoIII vs a ta-05, which is a better buy?
Thanks.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:17 AM
Tech Adept

Just my 2 cents worth.
I have over 40 RC cars.
Among them are 5 TT-01's
I bought them to intoduce my 10 yo son to RC as they are easily the best compromise of ease and performance.
They need bearings, turnbuckles, adjustable front arms and electronics for a really great intro package. I have also some TB-02's an EVOIII, TA04-S, an Xray, and some wicked gas cars and buggies.
I still love to take out the TT-01 with a 19T as it is still a lot of fun and a challenge to get right.
The perfect starter car.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:54 AM
Tech Initiate

wow. 40 over cars. u sure are rich
Old 09-07-2005, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know off topic but still. There is a guy who comes down to where I race who has at last count 105 cars.

Back on topic. Good choice on the TA-05.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by df78
wow. 40 over cars. u sure are rich
Not rich.
42 years old, 26 years of RC and only 1 child who lives 1500km away that I see only at some holidays.
I also have a fair collection of real cars, (7 runners and 2 awaiting resto).
I probably add 1 car per month at the moment as I'm going through a retro phase and restoring some old classic RC cars.
I met a guy on the net who has over 300 RC cars and about 100 of those are still brand new in boxes!!! Now that's a bit obsessive I think, but some people collect stamps???
I've been lucky that at the moment I am living with my retired parents who have an 80x40ft shed that I can do what I like with. I keep all but 2 of the real cars elsewhere so I have heaps of space.
BTW my next new purchases will be a 2x TA-05's (I like to use one and keep one in it's box now that I can afford it). One of my favourite cars is the TA-04SS with the reversible rear arms. If you build for the Audi/MR2 shell it's a SWB, if you want to use a standard shell you can reverse the rear lower arms and it has LWB. The short setup turns on a dime.
Smooth Roads
Old 12-09-2005, 10:56 PM
Tech Adept

Default This post is kinda old.....

Is a good radio system essential?

This car requires

1. ESC
2. Futaba Gun Controller (dunno which model but the lady quoted me one the cheapest available.
3. batteries (GP 3300mAh)
4. fast charger (45 mins)

I need help again.

Which ESC, and Gun Controller is good, aka VFM (Value for money), or least good for rookies like me?

The ESC is moe a matter of what motors you are going to run imho. Others may disagree, but....
The radio is the most important think if you ask me. Having a good radio where you can adjust trims, end points, throttle control etc will help you learn to drive the car faster. When you can turn down the power at the radio you will make steps to getting faster a lot quicker.
Used is a very good option, look for a used M8 or Futaba PJ model, the JR radio's are also a good option.

I have a JR 2 for my 6yr old son, thins works good, but I am looking for a used M8 as it has more options for turning down the power & adjusting the control. My radio is a Futaba 3pk and I love having all the options. My son was using it a few weeks ago and I had a model in the radio set up with lots of turning and little speed, he did very well with the 3pk and it was at that point that I saw the real value of having all kinds of settings to adjust.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:44 AM
Tech Master

The radio is important in that you don't want glitcing. You also want a comfortable radio with good support. Range and signal strength are 2 of the most important things (After band) to consider when looking at a new radio. The new DSM models use 2.4GHZ frequencies. Not much up there to get in the way of you're transmitter! All low level RF noise is created at low frequencies, so the 2.4GHZ band is nice and clean for R/C use. Plus, there are no crystals to use with a DSM radio. It will select a clear channel when you switch it on. Other than that you can pick up a good Airtronics M8 for cheap now that the M11 is out. A good Futaba is the 2PK or something along those lines. The Magnum Junior is an excellent radio for the money, but it's AM and has standard crystals instead of a synthesised system. I've never had a problem with any Magnum radio's, even the old style ones that we have laying around teh shop. They all work fine! Stick with Futaba and you won't be disapointed, I promise.

A good charger is essential. Don't settle for anything less than a peak charger with good adjustability. NiMH packs require a peak charger, and you'll be glad you got a quality charger when you're sitting there worrying about the condition of you're packs.

A good GP3300 matched pack with some good runtime and voltage stickers is another great idea. Don't settle for cheap mass produced packs, just click on one of the sponsors at the top of the screen to get a good GP pack. The 3700's are good too, as are the IB3800's. There are also IB4200's coming out (If they aren't already out anyway).

An ESC is another important part to consider. Don't go with a cheap ESC like a Novak XRS, just so you can replace it in a month. Get one with a couple profiles and a good frequency. A linear feel is the most important thing next to turn limit and amperage draw.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:58 AM
Tech Adept

Try Team associated TC4. But it's not Tamiya. It's also good and has hop-up options.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

You will be spending too much on the TT01. We all find this out the hard way of course. It would be best jumping straight up to the Associated TC4, Losi XXXS or even the TA05.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.