Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Left steering loss then came back...glitch buster? >

Left steering loss then came back...glitch buster?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Left steering loss then came back...glitch buster?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 07:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Left steering loss then came back...glitch buster?

Okay so last night I was racing my ultima sc(all stock electronics except for servo[solar d770] and a transponder)..first qual went fine and dandy. 2nd qualifier I had my radio and truck ready but when turned on ESC it didn't do the normal light/flash sequence. Normally goes to green when ready but it was showing red. Unplugged battery and shut everything off and on and it went green. Threw truck on track and was fine first couple laps...then I kept losing steering to the left side...about 20 seconds later it would come back then it would stop again...

When it did come back it looked fine so I didn't think it was binding. I finally pulled off track to avoid damage. The only thing a friend and I could think of was transmitter batteries, so I bought new ones. On the pit it seemed fine, no binding and ESC turned on right. Main comes and I got a few laps in before I just couldn't steer left again...and it didn't come back so I pulled off. This time it did feel like it was binding when going left. At this point someone said I may need a glitch buster, but that's before I knew it was binding. Once I got to the pit, when I turned on the ESC the steering was stuck on the left and the ESC wasn't going right again.

Went home and tore steering apart...one of the screws that if you tightened to much it doesn't turn without a lot of force, was tightened all the way. The one that controls right side was still loose enough to turn. Loosened screw and put back together...everything seemed fine. I also cleaned everything,including receiver, the track was super wet and dirt was everywhere. Today I tested by bashing for 30 min. Total...no problems. No loss of steering either...

My question is does this sound like it was the steering that caused this problem? Only reason I'm in doubt about that is the fact steering would go then come back..also if need a glitch buster how do I plug it in without an extra receiver slot? Sorry for the lengthy thread.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

without the extra slot there is no easy way to plug in a glitch buster.usually the signs of needing a glitch buster are limited to short periods of steering loss (a few seconds at most) so I'm lost here. was the servo hot at all?
Old 05-24-2014, 03:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well after fixing the steering I've ran 2 packs through it and no problems. So it was probably the steering...also it was really muddy that night.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

That could cause it to "stick" in position until some of the mud was shaken off.

Glad it seems to have fixed itself.