Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Makeshift Tamiya TB-04 Pro II >

Makeshift Tamiya TB-04 Pro II

Makeshift Tamiya TB-04 Pro II

Old 05-10-2014, 11:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Makeshift Tamiya TB-04 Pro II

Which parts do I need to convert a Tamiya TB-04 Pro to a TB-04 Pro II ?

I found a thread on RCcaraction.com called "Tamiya TB-04 PRO II Chassis Kit (Limited Edition)" for referencing what comes with a TB-04 pro II but since I am new to the hobby I am not sure of the part numbers... Doing my best it seems like most of the TRF 418 parts are not even available individually...

Should I just sell my boxed up TB-04 PRO which is still in unopened retail packaging and wait for the PRO II instead of buying the parts individually? I am kind of leaning that way right now...

Thank you in advance for any help you veterans can give me...
Old 05-11-2014, 01:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I responded to your other thread, but can give part numbers for you if you like.

essentially the changes are suspension plastics, screws and rear universal driveshafts it would appear.

Driveshafts
54077 - lightweight (blue) swing shafts (rear drive shafts)
51444 - axel ring and cross joint
51445 - wheel axle

it doesnt have DCJs in the front, but they would be a worthwhile upgrade - 42216

418 suspension
54031 - Hub Carriers (4Deg)
54568 - front uprights
54569 - suspension arms (need two)
54570 - rear uprights

the actual hub carriers you possibly dont want, the newly released 4Deg 54580 or 6deg 54546 would be better (wider, fit DCJ's better)

these are all Carbon Re-inforced though, not sure if the TB04ProII will have these exactly, but will be effectively the same - just stiffer.

Screws
the new kit has full hex screws in steel - these would be hard to get exact, just get the titanium kit 84360 or one of the aftermarket kits around from someone like square racing.

best way to spend the coin would be screws, rear universals and front DCJ's combined with some upgraded suspension blocks - changing all the arms and uprights etc will save a few grams but won't change the geometry and make it handle any different in reality. would also be slightly stronger, but not worth it until the original ones fail probably.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

If you really want the new car, sell this one and buy it. It's not going to be a night and day difference though, and I wouldn't do it if it was me.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You guys are fantastic!