Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Electric vs Nitro offroad for begginers? >

Electric vs Nitro offroad for begginers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Electric vs Nitro offroad for begginers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 11:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I agree with NErc10 cleaning up afterwards can be a pain. And electric can be just as fun and quick as nitro sure there isn't the noise and smell and you can get just as much fun out of electric. Electric will make you a better driver because you need to be flowing and smooth where nito can be a bit of point and squirt. This is just my opinion.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

Electric cars are as simple as plug and play! You don't have to worry about tuning the needles all the time, and maitnence is a breeze! Compared to a nitro engine, I'd much rather perform a teardown of any electric motor anyday. Electric touring cars are also capable of laying down some pretty speedy lap times too.

One thing that you forgot to add, was the fact that a GP3300 can be used over, and over, and over, and over again. Can you say that with 75CC or nitro? The running costs of a nitro mill exceed that of any electric bills to pay for a Super Brain.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NErc10
ya i agree with the cleaning thing. and also ive seen electrics turn faster lap times then nitro, in some cases.
Yes, on a short track with lots of corners, that is usually the case. I have to work awfully hard to hang with the electric crowd on short tracks. However, on larger or more open tracks, it's not even close. Nitro cars are heavier and have a higher roll center so they just aren't as nimble as an electric. They don't have the low end acceleration and smooth throttle response electric cars have either (a good engine and the right tune is very close though). However, give them a little room to breathe and will soon see the electric cars in the dust.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

It is true that you can mount any electric motor lower than any nitro motor, in any car. This much is true, irrefutable I believe. That should be one thing everyone should agree on. A TC3 will just about always have a lower center of gravity than a NTC3.