Search

speed passion reventon r timing noob

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 09:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default speed passion reventon r timing noob

hello this is my first sensored combo
and i have a speed passion reventon r with the 5.5 turn motor v3 motor from speed passion
i dont get the timing part
on the motor and on the esc when connecting to the computer
i have this combo on a sc10b
and also i need help on gearing
for the sc10b
Old 04-08-2014, 08:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

That is a lot of motor for that esc.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Playgnx95
hello this is my first sensored combo
and i have a speed passion reventon r with the 5.5 turn motor v3 motor from speed passion
i dont get the timing part
on the motor and on the esc when connecting to the computer
i have this combo on a sc10b
and also i need help on gearing
for the sc10b
Bud - Reventon R has a motor limit: 5.5 turn, you can not run any turbo. I think that motor is over kill for this ESC. the one in my Son's ESC gets really hot from running a 8.5.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:59 AM
Tech Champion

A 5.5 turn is also a lot of motor for a 2wd SC buggy. Additional timing is likely not needed anyway. Sorry can't help with gearing, but be careful with temperatures regardless.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Certainly run that fan it comes with!
Old 04-09-2014, 12:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by token
Bud - Reventon R has a motor limit: 5.5 turn, you can not run any turbo. I think that motor is over kill for this ESC. the one in my Son's ESC gets really hot from running a 8.5.
Okai okai but cab you guys at least teach how the timing works h
Old 04-09-2014, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Timing is the changing of the power curve to increase performance. Each manufacturer power curve is different so will be the way the timing affects the curve.

On the SP R -

Dynamic Multi Timing System - DMTS 3.0 - uses preset options that changes the characteristics of the power curve giving the motor more power. You must becareful of this as the more timing advances, the hotter the motor and ESC gets. Changing the timing on the motor itself must be added when trying to figure this out. pg15 manual

Digital Racing Response System - DRRS 3.0 - for more punch when you pull the trigger.

Timing can be a difficult thing as all manufactures are different when it comes to their programs and motor. What I can as well as others is that 5.5 is a bit much for a buggy.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by token
Timing is the changing of the power curve to increase performance. Each manufacturer power curve is different so will be the way the timing affects the curve.

On the SP R -

Dynamic Multi Timing System - DMTS 3.0 - uses preset options that changes the characteristics of the power curve giving the motor more power. You must becareful of this as the more timing advances, the hotter the motor and ESC gets. Changing the timing on the motor itself must be added when trying to figure this out. pg15 manual

Digital Racing Response System - DRRS 3.0 - for more punch when you pull the trigger.

Timing can be a difficult thing as all manufactures are different when it comes to their programs and motor. What I can as well as others is that 5.5 is a bit much for a buggy.
ohhh okia okai
the esc on dynamic it says it 17.5
and on th motor i dont get it the back its kinda weird
Old 04-09-2014, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You mentioned two timings. One is on the motor end bell and one is on the esc. The motor end bell is fixed once it is set and the esc timing is dynamic, as it changes throughout the motor rpm. Motors have an end bell timing where they operate most efficiently. I 'm not sure about your motor, but +20deg may be a decent place (turning the sensor board counterclockwise increases the timing). The esc timing increases throughout the rpm range, maxing at the set value. As the timing increases, so will the rpm of the motor. For racing, timing may be added for additional speed on straight sections. For this buggy 0 timing would be best for drivability. If you're doing speed runs, feel free to crank it up, just watch the temps. The "r" should have a thermal protection setting, I know the pro does. Make sure to keep this on.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by samnelso
You mentioned two timings. One is on the motor end bell and one is on the esc. The motor end bell is fixed once it is set and the esc timing is dynamic, as it changes throughout the motor rpm. Motors have an end bell timing where they operate most efficiently. I 'm not sure about your motor, but +20deg may be a decent place (turning the sensor board counterclockwise increases the timing). The esc timing increases throughout the rpm range, maxing at the set value. As the timing increases, so will the rpm of the motor. For racing, timing may be added for additional speed on straight sections. For this buggy 0 timing would be best for drivability. If you're doing speed runs, feel free to crank it up, just watch the temps. The "r" should have a thermal protection setting, I know the pro does. Make sure to keep this on.
thanks alot bro you have helped me alot