Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rookie Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Looks good. Now get cracking on that build. Building is half the fun!
Old 03-12-2014, 06:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok, here we go. Just like my last post, eliminate the space between the https and the colon to fix the link.

Pic of the first page of the instruction manual plus all the parts specified by the page.

Inserted the differential outer joint into the pulley and added the o-ring to it.

Added 3 spacers and put the retaining pin thru the hole in the outer joint.

Added the 18 tooth bevel gear.

Inserted the differential outer joint into the differential gear housing. Added the o-ring to it.

Added 3 spacers and put the retaining pin thru its hole.

Added the 18 tooth bevel gear.

Second page of the differential and its initial parts.

[img]https ://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-rajQabvccE4/UyDHDDctLzI/AAAAAAAAAxk/L4TzrV-fYF0/w1358-h765-no/P3120333.JPG[/img]

Internal gears assembled.

First internal gears inserted into housing.

Second internal gears inserted into hoursing.

Getting all the parts in preparation to assemble the differential from the housing and pulley components.

Filled the differential housing with silicon oil.

Placed the rubber pad in the pulley.

Preparing to insert screws to securely mount the pulley to the housing.

Screws inserted.

Preparing to attach bearings to the differential.

Bearings installed.

Two differentials complete.

So ends the first installment of this build.

Last edited by DeltaRay; 03-15-2014 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Last night I sat down to work on the car again. For some reason, on the previous night I felt I should store the differentials in a ziploc bag. I'm glad I did. The differentials had leaked most of their silicon oil. I'll have to go back, open them back up and refill. I'm a bit worried about do that as some of the screws were stripped a bit. It would probably be best to purchase some more screws. Unfortunately, my searching is not yielding any meaningful results yet, so I think I'll just purchase another set of differential parts that include the screws. Not surprisingly, HobbyKing does not have any of these parts, but the TD-10 is based on the Sakura Zero S so I looked for its parts. No one in the states seems to have any, but the over seas guys do. Anyone purchased from Integy before? Are they reputable? Do they take Paypal? I don't like buying from the chinese using a CC.

Anyway, the build will continue. There's quite a bit I can do before I need the differentials. I'll post more pics later this evening.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

something is wrong if he diffs leaked like that. integy (most of their products) are terrible.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:32 PM
Tech Rookie

I'd be ordering Sakura Zero S parts, so I'm actually more concerned about the quality of the shipping, ie is it fast? Do they pack things well? Can I be assured I will get what I order?

And yes somethings was wrong. I don't think I got the screws in tight enough. I was being careful, 'cause things were getting so tight the tip of my JR phillips screw driver broke off. I switched to my Wiha set to get it as far in as I did.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Those diff screws are really tight and hard to get all the way in the first time. Screw the screws in and out a couple times then build it with fluid.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:19 PM
Tech Rookie

So Integy has a minimum order of $40. What parts typically break on the TD-10/Sakura Zero S?
Old 03-17-2014, 09:08 PM
Tech Rookie

I've read thru some of the Sakura Zero S thread and ran into this link.

http://os.3racing.hk/articles.php?articles_key=133

Where can find M2.6x0.45 screw taps? I think I'd like a hand tool similar to what is shown in that article. My initial searches are turning up empty.

Last edited by DeltaRay; 03-17-2014 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Delta Ray,
I just got the same car from HK two days ago. Assembled it with a spare trackstar 4000KV motor/esc combo and servo from a short cousre truck that I had. It ran great first time on the street. I still need to glue the tires though, i got too excited and almost took the tires off the rims while test driving it. Cant wait to take it on a real race track.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:38 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm sure you already got parts, but you could try tqrcracing.com for US shipped parts. I have not used them, but was going to order a 3racing car from them until I bought something else local.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by steelepuls
Delta Ray,
I just got the same car from HK two days ago. Assembled it with a spare trackstar 4000KV motor/esc combo and servo from a short cousre truck that I had. It ran great first time on the street. I still need to glue the tires though, i got too excited and almost took the tires off the rims while test driving it. Cant wait to take it on a real race track.
Ah! So it was you who got the last one. I was gonna order another one for parts, but it was gone. Doh! I'm glad your build went well and I hope it works out for you.

Originally Posted by pilottim
I'm sure you already got parts, but you could try tqrcracing.com for US shipped parts. I have not used them, but was going to order a 3racing car from them until I bought something else local.
I've now placed several orders with tq. I'm very please with the response and will be ordering from them again.

To update you all, I've purchased some taps, ordered some replacement parts and several parts recommended in the Zero S thread. Unfortunately, I made a mistake on the original order and got the 3S-4S 10.5T motor instead of the 2S motor. I also finished the Zero S thread only to find out near the end of the thread that the Zero S has been replaced by the Xi Sport and some parts are already being phased out. The thread also introduced me to USGT and VTA. So... Needing a new motor and with new info in hand I decided to redirect this build toward 21.5 USGT car. I will also be picking up a Xi Sport in the not too distant future for a VTA build. I have a one last purchase to make, I need to decide on gearing so I can pick up a proper spur and pinion.

More pics are coming. I just haven't had time to work on it for the last few weeks.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Delta, how is the build coming along?
Old 05-21-2014, 06:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

try www.rcmart.com

I have been using them for quite some time and set up a mates sakura to race spec.

they are based in hong kong so don't know how postage will go for you americans, but I know they can ship to Australia in 5 working days..

Heaps of upgrades too..

I know I had to upgrade quite a few parts to get it race ready.. bits broke on the maiden race.. altho my mate was an amateur and hit the walls regulartly, but eventually we make it noob proof