Community
Wiki Posts
Search

need help!!!new to the drifting world

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 08:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Default need help!!!new to the drifting world

so i got a budget of about 300 bucks for a drift car right now someone said to look at the mst ms-1d rtr which is 290.00 comes with everything too sounds good but hard to find info on what ppl think but anytways would like ppls opinions on what i could do to start out beginner drifting with this drifter and also upgrade it to for when i get better at drifting thanks for the time
Old 12-01-2013, 09:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zimmy580
so i got a budget of about 300 bucks for a drift car right now someone said to look at the mst ms-1d rtr which is 290.00 comes with everything too sounds good but hard to find info on what ppl think but anytways would like ppls opinions on what i could do to start out beginner drifting with this drifter and also upgrade it to for when i get better at drifting thanks for the time
for hard core drifting, check out drift mission. You will probably get more info on there, there is a drift thread one here, but i haven't seen it getting very much use.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ThePanda
for hard core drifting, check out drift mission. You will probably get more info on there, there is a drift thread one here, but i haven't seen it getting very much use.
I've been checking out the Sakura D3 drift thread over on the electric on road forum, looks like a pretty good place for information too.
I know some of the guys around here don't buy purpose built drift cars. They convert TC cars to drift.
It looks like a matter of tires, springs, and suspension set up. Gives them more options on the same platform.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:41 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Big Trol
I've been checking out the Sakura D3 drift thread over on the electric on road forum, looks like a pretty good place for information too.
I know some of the guys around here don't buy purpose built drift cars. They convert TC cars to drift.
It looks like a matter of tires, springs, and suspension set up. Gives them more options on the same platform.
I Bought a Ta05 vdf dedicated drift car, and it easily out drifted my standard ta05. I did get bored with it pretty fast though.The standard rc cars don't have the balance needed, so if you plant to stick wit drift, go with a dedicated drifter.

any car can drift, dedicated drift cars just do it better.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ThePanda
I Bought a Ta05 vdf dedicated drift car, and it easily out drifted my standard ta05. I did get bored with it pretty fast though.The standard rc cars don't have the balance needed, so if you plant to stick wit drift, go with a dedicated drifter.
any car can drift, dedicated drift cars just do it better.
Thanks Panda, that's good to know. It does look like fun, I don't see one in my near future though.
I was just sharing what I've seen around here.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Well I will agree with the driftmission,com idea, If u want serious info about drifting....all o can sugest is a Sakura or Tamiya 05 but they have much more as far as opinions on other drifters and so on, good luck
Old 12-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Tech Rookie

I have an HPI Sprint 2 Flux that is awesome for drifting. there are also many carbon fiber and aluminum uppgrade parts made for it.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by chr15730
I have an HPI Sprint 2 Flux that is awesome for drifting. there are also many carbon fiber and aluminum uppgrade parts made for it.
I had one, could not get it to drift well at all, and yes, i locked both diffs with 500,000 wt oil.

the balance is not good, and at slow speeds, to get the rear to hang out, i had to give it the beans, where as on my center front motor drift car, the back would hold out all day.

by the time i upgraded it with all the "bling" i would have just bought another VDF or VDF2 car.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

With the s2 I believe it is the suspension, I think the guys at DM were recommending some aftermarket shocks that were supposed to make it more stable, but for an otb drifter I don't think the s2 is that bad, just when it gets done to extreme performance, it is not top of the line