Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
How to go racing for the first time!!!!! >

How to go racing for the first time!!!!!

How to go racing for the first time!!!!!

Old 11-17-2013, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Smile How to go racing for the first time!!!!!

I know everyone in the rc hobby love messing around with a friend in the back yard and doing some laps around cones and stuff!! but its time to get serious right!!! . The way to go racing for your first time is. Actually before you ever race check out a race track facility near you and go in on a race night walk in watch the racing and see how everything works ask questions I am sure a local racer will be more than likely to help a new racer!!! Ounce you have seen how everything works get everything ready. Make a check list!!! I have forgotten stuff that has ruined a day a couple of times, so make a check list if possible.Ounce you have done that you want to go on a practice day a couple of times before you go on a race day/night.Once you have gotten the hang of driving on the track and getting use to it is where the fun starts!!!! Remember how I said ask question's well...Keep on asking!!!! You will need to race at a entry class or a beginner class like a novice class. @ my track we have a class called sportsman, that is our new/ medium skilled driver class.When you run your qualifiers don't try to be the fastest guy on the track stay calm drive smooth and you will eventually gain more and more experience, here are some vids I have posted on my youtube channel. links bellow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObdnV8IOp4s there is a part 2 to this vid here you go!!!:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMlbwqMt2tw
So after all racing is a learning curve in our hobby that is shared with a band of racing brothers that have racing in our dna codes!!! Keep practicing and you will become faster.Eventually you will want to buy a race worthy kit and tires/motors/body/radio ect... but for now race what you have and if you like it then invest in a real racing kit and accessorize and enjoy the learning curve hope this helps,If you can a subscribe to my channel if you could and a thumbs up, thanks!!!

Last edited by TheRcworld101; 11-17-2013 at 04:53 PM.