Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Traxxas Slash >

Traxxas Slash

Traxxas Slash

Old 10-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Or you can sell it and buy a Kyosho Scr , alot better truck and the price has dropped on them
Old 10-20-2013, 04:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by theblitzkidd
Well u can get all the goodies to stop BR for the slash(sway bars,lcg chassis, adjust the shocks right) and so forth and spend all the money on it, and it will still have the tendency to wanna roll, that's sc for you
What's lcg, sc, and scr? So much RC lingo I don't know yet. lol
Old 10-20-2013, 04:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Just figured out lcg is low center of gravity
Old 10-20-2013, 06:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by socialj
What's lcg, sc, and scr? So much RC lingo I don't know yet. lol
SC is short course Its an abbreviation for SCT- short course truck

SC-R is just the name of that kyosho model. like a Ferrari 458, its a kyosho sc-r if that makes sense.

Sc-r is for short course "r" being a short course truck and the r means its better than the standard rtr. (ready to run)
Old 10-21-2013, 11:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ThePanda
i would think you would want the outer most hole on the tower as well. if you move it to the inner it makes the shock more progressive, and softer during initial compression. to prevent rolling you want to slow down the initial movement that the shock goes through.
Originally Posted by theblitzkidd
The inner most hole on the tower and outon armsthe lcg chasis is good also if u dont have already
Both methods worked absolutely amazingly. Thanks guys, no more flipping over on high speed turns!

We also picked up a 4x4 brushless and DOOOOOOOODE, this thing is super fun. Lol
Old 10-21-2013, 12:00 PM
Tech Rookie

4x4 Slash, that is.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

The power speed and geometry of a SC can lend to traction rolling in general. As a rule the higher ground clearance on the Slash makes them more likely to traction roll then some of the competition.

Other than shock adjustment and driving style changes you may be looking at some good money to change this. They do have the Low CG kits, but they are priced so that I would personally just get another kit and leave the slash you have stock.

I think a center diff upgrade instead of the slipper on the 4wd Slashes can help you a bit in high traction surfaces, but that will be a marginal improvement.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ThePanda
SC is short course Its an abbreviation for SCT- short course truck

SC-R is just the name of that kyosho model. like a Ferrari 458, its a kyosho sc-r if that makes sense.

Sc-r is for short course "r" being a short course truck and the r means its better than the standard rtr. (ready to run)
Thanks
Old 10-21-2013, 12:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by lbenton
The power speed and geometry of a SC can lend to traction rolling in general. As a rule the higher ground clearance on the Slash makes them more likely to traction roll then some of the competition.

Other than shock adjustment and driving style changes you may be looking at some good money to change this. They do have the Low CG kits, but they are priced so that I would personally just get another kit and leave the slash you have stock.

I think a center diff upgrade instead of the slipper on the 4wd Slashes can help you a bit in high traction surfaces, but that will be a marginal improvement.
Thanks for this, i'll look into the diff upgrade.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

The center diff is nice, but its rather expensive too, if you do look for one, look at the ebay chop shops that part out new slashes.