Storage?

Old 09-28-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Storage?

Just wondering what people out there use for storage and lugging their RC stuff around. To be completely honest, I'm trying to get an idea of what to use. So hearing what people use and why they like it will be a great insight.

Thank you.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I use this to haul all my tools, parts and other support equipment: http://www.racers-edge.com/1_8_Car_H..._p/rce2016.htm
Old 09-28-2013, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

True hauler bags are terribly expensive. the dialed bags are good quality and are inexpensive. A stanley fatmax rolling tool chests is good for parts and tools.

This is a good setup and way under the cost of something like a hudy bag.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Plano 777 Tackle Box for tools, spare parts, etc. An old milk crate for tires and a big Rubbermaid container for everything else. The milk crate and Rubbermaid don't look very professional, but they are way cheaper than a hauler bag and still get the job done.

If money isn't an object, get a hauler bag. They are pretty sweet!!
Old 09-29-2013, 12:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I use hauler bags. T-8 to be exact. It is pretty close to the Racer's Edge Hauler in the link above. If money is tight get a big Plano tackle box from WalMart. Then get get a rolling box from Home Depot or Lowe's. Those work well too.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I carry a lot of stuff with me, but I don't use the usual suspects.

I use 2 of these:
http://www.frys.com/product/2459430?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG
One has my 4wd SC and eBuggy parts in it, the other has my misc parts in it and some tools.

I use 1 of these for my controller and batteries:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...sal-Radio-Case

I also have a generic Sterlite box full of 8th scale and SC tires, another tupperware box full of 10th scale buggy tires, and a reusable freezer thing for my 10th scale stuff on parts trees and similar (RB5/RB6 parts). I have a similar box for on-road stuff for the TC, though don't race them at the same time.

I put the transmitter case in a canvas bag along with 2 chargers, a power supply, and the extra parts box. The 2 blue Fry's cases are in another canvas bag, and usually 1 or 2 sets of tires I think I'll use (rather than needing to lug the whole set out with me, though that's easy).

I'm working on simplifying my charging into a briefcase style thing from Harbor Freight, along with a more powerful supply and more chargers. This would make it easier for me to keep things charged and to get charged up when I first arrive, even when my wife is also needing multiple packs charged up too. Here's that case, which seems to be a perfect size for it, but I haven't had the time to dig into it yet:
http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-to...ase-69315.html

I put those bags in the trunk, wedge cars in there next to it all so nothing moves, and use my "pit mats" (old towels) to secure the cars so they can't roll or anything. Works amazing with 1 or 2 cars.

But my wife drives too, and I drive most classes, so cramming that much in can sometimes be a challenge. My next step is to make vehicle boxes, such that I can put the car in on a car stand sort of thing and strap it in, then just toss the boxes in. I haven't found correct sized plastic boxes to do this with yet though, which will need to handle everything from a TC to an eBuggy (maybe eTruggy soon too). I may just make those though. As I have grown the fleet, I wish I had an easy "this box is that car and all its parts" way to transport, so when I pick a class to run, it is a simple step to take. I may just build some wooden crate style boxes for that in the future if I can't find the right dimensions soon.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ThePanda
True hauler bags are terribly expensive. the dialed bags are good quality and are inexpensive. A stanley fatmax rolling tool chests is good for parts and tools.

This is a good setup and way under the cost of something like a hudy bag.
^^^^ this.. absolutely no need to spend more money there
Old 10-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Tech Rookie

I was looking in walmart today for a truck tote so I could bring my blackfoot xtreme with me on vacation and I found this footlocker for $17.

Its got a removable tray that my receiver fits in perfectly, along with room for a small toolbag, batteries, charger, can of air for cleaning, etc.

And the bottom fits my truck's length and width with room to spare. Only bad thing is it's not quite deep enough for the tray to fit with the truck in the bottom, so i had to take off my wheels, but it'll work!

I'm planning on putting some soft foam or padding in the bottom for a little cushioning and to keep the truck from sliding around.
Attached Thumbnails Storage?-tote1.jpg   Storage?-tote2.jpg   Storage?-tote3.jpg  
Old 10-11-2013, 07:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by lodger
I was looking in walmart today for a truck tote so I could bring my blackfoot xtreme with me on vacation and I found this footlocker for $17.

Its got a removable tray that my receiver fits in perfectly, along with room for a small toolbag, batteries, charger, can of air for cleaning, etc.

And the bottom fits my truck's length and width with room to spare. Only bad thing is it's not quite deep enough for the tray to fit with the truck in the bottom, so i had to take off my wheels, but it'll work!

I'm planning on putting some soft foam or padding in the bottom for a little cushioning and to keep the truck from sliding around.

this with some foam inserts. Nice find!