Wiki Posts
Search

Hey guys.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
Yeah, they are definitely a bargain and function well. I kinda wish I had gotten one for all my "bash" vehicles, but I didn't think about that and spent money on much more expensive Futaba receivers instead. Ah well.
I have a buddy that bought one of the latest models, don't know the model no. It's the one with the touch screen and the copper/gold bling. He likes it, but is having a problem with the model memory, it keeps the settings and all, but he has to re-bind it every time he changes cars. I don't know how common this is. That and the older DSM Spektrum operate on such close frequencies that they sometimes cause gliching between them.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thake618
what model do you recommend for the radios?
Spektrum DX2E is a good basic radio. It has a lot of the features the higher priced radios do without the LCD screen
Old 08-26-2013, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

the fs it4 is the cool one hahah I read something about the binding everytime u switch. I think that's how it is it just saves your settings for that vehicle. I think they say that on the hobbytron video, I may be mistaken. I think the fs-gt3b is plenty good for me if I decide to go with flysky the spectrum one is nice too lol
Originally Posted by Big Trol
I have a buddy that bought one of the latest models, don't know the model no. It's the one with the touch screen and the copper/gold bling. He likes it, but is having a problem with the model memory, it keeps the settings and all, but he has to re-bind it every time he changes cars. I don't know how common this is. That and the older DSM Spektrum operate on such close frequencies that they sometimes cause gliching between them.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

That's kind of strange, but it looks like it has some nice features, probably sort of offsets it, if your TX is easy to get to I guess its no big deal. I got the DX3S first then when the DX3C came out I couldn't resist. Besides when my collection grew, it made sense. I see A main has the 3C down to $99.99 from $129.99.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

worth a though lol I only have 2 vehicles now though so im not looking to spend a ton lol. hows the distance on those flyskys? compared to a stock radio
That's kind of strange, but it looks like it has some nice features, probably sort of offsets it, if your TX is easy to get to I guess its no big deal. I got the DX3S first then when the DX3C came out I couldn't resist. Besides when my collection grew, it made sense. I see A main has the 3C down to $99.99 from $129.99.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

worth a though lol I only have 2 vehicles now though so im not looking to spend a ton lol. hows the distance on those flyskys? compared to a stock radio
My buddy is really happy with his, and he's pretty picky. When I got my SC8e, first thing I did was take out the TX took the RX and pitched them both. I know there are better systems out there but, for the money, Spektrum isn't bad. Yeah, I'm lucky to have 2 running at any one time, usually one or the other of my other 2 is on the bench waiting for parts, not the SC though, the thing is a tank.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:07 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

I have drove my buggy in the parking lot and I went further than I can see to control it, I guestemate about 5-600 feet
Old 08-27-2013, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theblitzkidd
I have drove my buggy in the parking lot and I went further than I can see to control it, I guestemate about 5-600 feet
Have you noticed anything while running with other radios? Does your's or anyone else's seem glichy?
Old 08-27-2013, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Flysky radios are known to make other radios glitch, particularly Spektrum. I don't believe the flysky radios themselves glitch. If you ever want to get into racing, you should buy something other than either of these brands. Some tracks have gone as far as banning the flysky radios. I know close to a dozen racers who have switched from Spektrum to other brands and all have said they wish they had done it sooner(myself included). I went to Airtronics. I could not be happier with that decision.

If you think you're going to be in this hobby for a long while, buy a good radio.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Locked, what do you think about Radiopost? I've seen some good reviews on them. Seem like a lot of radio though.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:19 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Have you noticed anything while running with other radios? Does your's or anyone else's seem glichy?
Only time it is glitchy is when the batts go below 10v I keep it at 11.1 but I have forgotten to charge them and it went to 10.0 and the steering started to get unresponsive!! So I changed the batts to some nonrechargables and worked fine
Old 08-27-2013, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Locked, what do you think about Radiopost? I've seen some good reviews on them. Seem like a lot of radio though.
From what I've seen, Radiopost make a good system. I do know a few guys who use them and love them. I know a couple who tried them and didn't like the feel. That's a personal preference though. I haven't heard any problems with the radio.

For a mid-high level radio, I usually recommend the Airtronics MT4. I have one as my backup/loaner radio (M12 is my primary) and it's an awesome little radio. Super responsive and extremely lightweight. Best bang for the buck.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theblitzkidd
Only time it is glitchy is when the batts go below 10v I keep it at 11.1 but I have forgotten to charge them and it went to 10.0 and the steering started to get unresponsive!! So I changed the batts to some nonrechargables and worked fine
Hey blitz, I think locked was talking about Flysky's effect on Spektrum, as far as the gliching issues. I guess it's because the frequency they operate on is so close. I've seen where the DSM2 isn't as sensitive to this problem. That's a lot of batteries, besides performance, that was one of the reasons I dumped the stock gear from my truck, it went thru batteries like AE was paying for them.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

:
Originally Posted by locked
From what I've seen, Radiopost make a good system. I do know a few guys who use them and love them. I know a couple who tried them and didn't like the feel. That's a personal preference though. I haven't heard any problems with the radio.

For a mid-high level radio, I usually recommend the Airtronics MT4. I have one as my backup/loaner radio (M12 is my primary) and it's an awesome little radio. Super responsive and extremely lightweight. Best bang for the buck.
Thanks, I have been looking to maybe upgrading my RX/TX at some point. I'm still doing research. Both are a big investment. You get 2 receivers with the Radiopost, but Airtronics has been around forever, and have always been pretty much top of the line. So.............
Old 08-27-2013, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

:

Thanks, I have been looking to maybe upgrading my RX/TX at some point. I'm still doing research. Both are a big investment. You get 2 receivers with the Radiopost, but Airtronics has been around forever, and have always been pretty much top of the line. So.............
http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....ducts_id=14612

comes with 2 receivers and 2 servos(the servos are not useful though )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.