Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do I need at the track?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 12:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Default What do I need at the track?

What are some mandatory must haves for R/C racers besides a car and controller?

What do you carry in your pit boxes? I am wanting to get into racing, but I want to make sure I have all the necessities first. The last thing I want to do is show up and not have what I need.

Is there a good site that covers all the basics? Or should I just keep posting here. I don't want to post repetitive questions, but the there is SO much information on here that its hard to find stuff.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This is what I normally carry:

Different weights of Shock oils, Spare parts, glue, cable ties, thread locker(blue and Red), Screwdrivers, Nut drivers, hex drivers, different types of pliers, power strip, sharpie, pen, notebook, tape, scissors, simple green, Purple power degreaser, Dish soap and water mixed in a spray bottle, Different types of tires, chargers, batteries, shop towels, wd40

If I'm racing outside: Ez up, at least 120 ft of power cord, table, chair, radio, pit light in case racing goes into the night, tarp.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Car, remote, batteries, charger, tools, and spare parts for whatever car you go with. When you decide on which car your going to use you find the appropriate thread for said car and ask there what the most common spares to keep on hand.

You'll also want to find out if your local track has "house" transponders or if you'll have to buy your own, most of us buy our own eventually but house transponders are great for beginners.

Other then that, if it's out doors you'll want a pit table and ez-up canopy
You shouldn't need much more then that to get started, if you get ready into it you'll end up like me and bringing way to much haha soldering stations, setup stations, laptops, cooling fans ect ect ect
Old 07-10-2013, 02:58 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

I take a tool box with all the tools in it(tools to take every inch of the vehicles I have apart) and I take 2 cases, each holds a venom charger, and 3 lipos, and a controller, I have the flysky for primary, and a associated xp for just in case, I have another tool box that has two small fans and an extent ion cord, and a multi plug strip! And of course I take the vehicles
Old 07-10-2013, 03:14 PM
Tech Adept

I have one smaller toolbox that contains my most frequently used items: charger, batteries, hex wrenches, gloves, rag & toothbrush (for cleaning tires), temp gun, and traction compound. I bring in my car, radio, that toolbox, and a bottle of diluted Simple Green, and it usually lasts me all day

If something bad happens, I've got other tools and spare parts in the car.

A lot of the "pro" racers bring along a large wheeled toolbox thing. At first, I told myself I would never be that serious, but now, I'm seriously considering it.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:54 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Read this thread:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/rookie-z...are-parts.html