Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Entry level stadium truck -  EXT2.4 vs ECX Circuit >

Entry level stadium truck - EXT2.4 vs ECX Circuit

Entry level stadium truck - EXT2.4 vs ECX Circuit

Old 04-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Entry level stadium truck - EXT2.4 vs ECX Circuit

I'm eyeing these two trucks, bashing and tracking but probably not racing. Both are wp with lvc. Both are locally supported. Both are 2.4, though you get the specktrum w/ ecx and what looks like a skyfly rebrand w/ the duratrax. The duratrax is more adjustable with a couple more shock mountings and adjustable caster/camber/toe etc. However, the ecx can directly bolt on some hpi for those adjustments.

Spec wise they are very similar. My real question is durability. Ecx seems to always be rock solid. The evader has crazy mixed reviews, concerning durability. Just curious of people's experience. I'm either going to snag the dura or wait till the end of April to get the redesigned circuit. Tia and bests.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Tech Rookie

My son has a Evader and its like a rock !! I have a heck of a time adusting the Clutch - but thats on me.. He abuses the truck pretty bad and has broken a fw things but Dura Sent out free replacenments asap.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

I'm sure you've probably heard the other terms for Duratrax!! I've had many products by both companies. IMO the HPI seemed to be built a little tougher. Also, whenever Duratrax comes out with something that they really push the market with, they soon discontinue it!!
Old 04-08-2013, 08:34 PM
Tech Initiate

The evader/xxt chassis is definitely getting a little long in the tooth, no doubt. That's partially why i'm hesitant to go down that road. But my area has great support for it and the truck itself seems to have a better aftermarket than the ecx and set ups out of the box. Stupid decisions. If anyone else has driven either or both, chime in. Thanks for the input homies.