Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
TA06 servo saver >

TA06 servo saver

TA06 servo saver

Old 04-02-2013, 11:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TA06 servo saver

Building my first on-road car, TA06 Pro kit. I'm excited to get to the end but ran into the servo saver. Instructions have two smaller collars and one larger one. How the f%#^ do I get both of those smaller collars onto the plastic? Are they supposed to go around each other? I can't see them on there in tandem. I've searched the forums, and the rest of the interwebs. I've watched the TA06 build on YouTube and he doesn't show that part. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Alex
Old 04-03-2013, 01:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Install smaller ring first and follow up with the bigger one. It's a little hard but they will fit. Had a little problem when I built mine but they will fit. Have fun with the built. Side note if running 17.5 motor run a 88 or 85 teeth 64 pitch spur. You'll like it
Old 04-03-2013, 07:35 AM
Tech Rookie

So how many rings altogether? 3? 2 small ones and 1 larger one? Thanks for the reply by the way.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Army_Sapper View Post
So how many rings altogether? 3? 2 small ones and 1 larger one? Thanks for the reply by the way.
You necessarily need all springs. To break it down, less rings will make the horn slip saving servo gears while, more rings will hesitate to slip due to the added resistance from the extra ring or two. Two rings installed should be sufficient. Try the big ring and a small ring
Old 04-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Tech Rookie

OK, thanks for the explaination! I couldnt get both small rings on there.... at first. I finally got them both on there by placing the small rings onto each other before mounting on the plastic.

Now time for the motor.... i got a 17.5 Reedy for it from the forums, but the contacts are hitting a brace. I'm not sweating it since I have a Tekin motor/esc combo on the way and it seems from what others are saying that I wont have the same issue.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Army_Sapper View Post
OK, thanks for the explaination! I couldnt get both small rings on there.... at first. I finally got them both on there by placing the small rings onto each other before mounting on the plastic.

Now time for the motor.... i got a 17.5 Reedy for it from the forums, but the contacts are hitting a brace. I'm not sweating it since I have a Tekin motor/esc combo on the way and it seems from what others are saying that I wont have the same issue.
Lol I had the same problem before. I've heard that grinding the brace doesn't affect it's rigidity. Grind little at a time and grind conservatively. gear your car 85-88 spur with 52-54 pinion and the car will be a threat at your track. I know