Community
Wiki Posts
Search

beginner female version

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 09:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Red face beginner female version

So I recently bought myself a stadium truck. In a small town there are not that many women racers. I'm pretty good but I feel very intimidated by the testosterone driven punks what tell me I shouldn't be out there! Any ideas what I can do to change their idea about female racers?
Old 03-22-2013, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thisgirlsgotit2
Any ideas what I can do to change their idea about female racers?
Point them to names like Ronda Drake and Sarah Ernst and see if they still think girls can't race. You just need to get your game on and start holding your own with these clowns.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:00 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

track time track time and more track time .. till u can outdrive them..Best of luck a local track had a ALL FEMALE division but it died off after a year...maybe some ear buds with your Tunes on it..so u can not hear the nay sayers..Good Luck..
Old 03-24-2013, 08:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks folks. One of the biggest probs was that I did out run them! In fact drove circles around one dude and he turns his truck around and came and smashed me to shit! It's rough out there!
Old 03-25-2013, 03:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thisgirlsgotit2
Thanks folks. One of the biggest probs was that I did out run them! In fact drove circles around one dude and he turns his truck around and came and smashed me to shit! It's rough out there!
Some guy smashes into you??? That's when I get off the drivers stand and go all Godzilla on his truck! Not really though. Sounds like the guys you race with are jerks. Just keep it up and soon enough they will shut up.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Default not givin up

I've spent a lot of money so he'll no I'm not giving up! He's just going to have to Auckland up his pride and realize I'm better than him! Haha!
Old 03-25-2013, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Very strange that you are having difficulties racing with men. You would think they would love having a female around. Look at how many threads get started about "how do I get my girlfriend /wife/ fiancee interested in racing".

Geez what a-holes those guys are.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

That situation with the guy running backwards and hitting you needs brought to the race director's attention. That crap does not fly at any reputable race track.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by klaymon
That situation with the guy running backwards and hitting you needs brought to the race director's attention. That crap does not fly at any reputable race track.
This. If the RD doesn't take action, find another track. Part of what I love about RC is that it doesn't matter if you are black/white/yellow/red/green/female/male/poor/wealthy, we are all out there to have fun.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

yep. that shouldnt fly.

for a couple years i couldnt get my wife interested in racing. she would just go to the track with me and help(which i loved).

finally our local track had a explosion in the beginner class(2wd scb/sct) and she shocked me one day by asking to buy her a scb. She now has a several race days under her belt and loves it. She is currently girling up her scb with a custom body and driver figure.

Funny thing is she is taking advice and asked me to turn her thottle and steering down. She sees how she is getting better. I can see the racer spirit coming out. yes she the only woman racer although there are a couple little girls. but she does not care.

Its a blast to watch my wife race. if someone acted that way toward my wife, i would hate to loose my temper.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Yeah I love it! The r/d is thrilled that I still stick it out! Now I have painted my own body changed my own servo and do my own pit! I'm in love with the hobby and it's going to take a lot more than a stubborn ox to stop me. I'm glad that your wife found her inner peace also!
Old 03-28-2013, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkiiina
This. If the RD doesn't take action, find another track. Part of what I love about RC is that it doesn't matter if you are black/white/yellow/red/green/female/male/poor/wealthy, we are all out there to have fun.
I was thinking the same thing, either have those guys brought to someones attention for those kind of antics or find a new track
Old 04-04-2013, 05:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Women at the track?!?! I've heard of this myth...

Ah, just put those hooligans in their place with some driving skills.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Or just put them into the wall then just say sorry im a woman driver .snickering as they exit the drivers stand to go pick up there car . My girlfriend drives only at practice because she doesnt wsnt this to happen or anybody to break her car. .
Old 04-04-2013, 10:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Shouldn't be out there? That's strange... My wife races WITH me almost every weekend... and she's a track favorite. It also doesn't hurt that she bakes cookies for the track once or twice a month, but even so... most guys at an RC track have never even seen a woman, so it's usually a treat for most

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.