Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rookie racing/bashing

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 08:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Questions?? Rookie racing/bashing

Well I have been in rc for a little while now and thinking about moving to a stadium truck or buggy. I will probably be doing more bashing and maybe maybe maybe in the future get in to some racing. Right now I just go to the track for something to do and just practice driving around and that is fun for me because I can just mess around with my friends. So I have a couple options here, keep driving my slash or move the electronics and engine over to a new buggy roller or my brothers old rustler. The rustler looked really fun when he was driving it but my first R.C. experience ever was with a buggy and it was really fun. So I will just post the possibilities below.

-Tlr 22- Found a decent deal I believe.
-Rustler- Will get for free or really cheap from my brother.
-Slash- Already own lol.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Nobody has any input?
Old 03-23-2013, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

If you are for more towards running the track with friends, I would stick with the slash and rustler, since its pretty much free. Just swap out the electronics when you get sick of one, both should be capable of racing if you choose. Buggies are fun but are more pron to breakage if you start bumping and bashing with friends. Local tracks are having problems with scts and buggies running together.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by roadrashracing
If you are for more towards running the track with friends, I would stick with the slash and rustler, since its pretty much free. Just swap out the electronics when you get sick of one, both should be capable of racing if you choose. Buggies are fun but are more pron to breakage if you start bumping and bashing with friends. Local tracks are having problems with scts and buggies running together.
Yeah I was thinking that too. I also have a really old buggy like 6 y/o I could fix up if I could find the parts.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The 22 is completely designed for competitive racing. Stick with the Slash and Rusty. They are more than capable for having fun at the track with a few buddies and are more durable for bashing. If you want to try competitive racing, then step up to something like the 22.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by sdtech58
The 22 is completely designed for competitive racing. Stick with the Slash and Rusty. They are more than capable for having fun at the track with a few buddies and are more durable for bashing. If you want to try competitive racing, then step up to something like the 22.
Thanks for the advice guys
Old 03-24-2013, 01:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

A mate has a slash VXL. Pretty tough little thing. That said he has had some worrysome gearbox issues, which he solved by purchasing a proline performance transmission, though at a rather large cost ($100+). The only other problem has been breaking a rear hub carrier, but if you saw some of the crashes he had that day, you would be quite impressed.

Hard to go past a blitz flux though, if you want something that you can race AND bash with.