R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone

Old 01-28-2013, 05:32 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default Pro race results

What site has a good list of results for the major races (short course) along with what brands of Car/Batt/motor/esc etc they used. Neobuggy has the 4wd info but I'm looking for short course.

Running 22sct, D3.5 17.5, Tekin RS, MX-V, and at least 6500mAh/60c in the I.E.
johnmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T. Herwig

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmo View Post
What site has a good list of results for the major races (short course) along with what brands of Car/Batt/motor/esc etc they used. Neobuggy has the 4wd info but I'm looking for short course.
http://live.liverc.com/

Go there, and simply select the race you want to see results from, and then click "Results" and you'll see every single qualifier ran, as well as mains.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Liverc does not list products.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T. Herwig

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmo View Post
Liverc does not list products.
As far as I know, Neobuggy's the only one who does the products used and that's only for certain races. I would imagine most of the pro's run the same brands of electronics in all of their vehicles, though.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:12 AM   #5
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
A better answer is, "who cares"? Pro "A" winning a big race with a Brand "B" car and brand "C" esc and brand "D" motor won't make your brand "B" car run any better as it sits, your "C" esc work any better and your "D" motor go any faster. It won't help you personally figure out to come up with the best setup for your track on your own.

The "pros" run what they run not because they're true believers in that stuff being the absolute best but rather because they're trying to eek out what is often a surprisingly meager living playing with toy cars and if they can hold off that eviction notice for another month by switching brands of motors, they'll do it.

All you might get out of what someone else who is sponsored is doing at a big race is pictures of new stuff to gawk at that may/maynot be faster/better than what you have (I do personally like seeing that stuff though) and a setup sheet posted on a website that unless you are a regular at the exact track were the race was held and that track is never prepared any different than it was that day and they never change the layout, is more likely to dial you out than in because your local track probably has nothing to do with the track the big race in question was held on. It may help give you an idea or two but refer back what I bolded above.
Wow, what a crazy cynical/jaded response. Not what I would expect from a mod in a Rookie Forum. Anyway, there is a very good reason. After a 14 year layoff, I'll be buying a new car this summer. I'm leaning towards short course and the 22SCT, and I want to make sure it is a competitive car as I will be racing. Now, if I look at every race and see that at least 22SCTs are in the top 10, I'll have an idea that it is at least competitive. However, If they are not there, and I know they are trying, then I'll presume they are having an issue and I'll get another car.

You jumped to the conclusion that this was some superficial/useless post in lieu of actual homework. However, I have red probably 20% of the 9k posts in the 22SCT thread, have attended multiple races at my local track, Driven my friends SC10, and spoken two other track owners. You were wrong...and rude.

Please try to not be so jaded in the future MarkA.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:25 AM   #6

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thanks for quoting me, I accidentally deleted my post while adding, "If Traxxas hired one of the Ryan's, you'd see a box-stock Slash in those results charts. Or if Kyosho split with Tebo, you might not see one of their electric buggys in those charts for a while but that doesn't mean they are not some of the highest quality ones out there and one of the best possible choices for a club racer." In other words, your data sampling is highly skewered. I do apologize if you felt my post was rude though.
MarkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:40 AM   #7

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

BTW, some good viewing for you regarding who fills up those results charts, how, and why, might be the Carpet Racers movie. If you have DirecTV, it's typically on the Documentary Channel (yes, it exists) about once a month.
MarkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:19 AM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
Thanks for quoting me, I accidentally deleted my post while adding, "If Traxxas hired one of the Ryan's, you'd see a box-stock Slash in those results charts. Or if Kyosho split with Tebo, you might not see one of their electric buggys in those charts for a while but that doesn't mean they are not some of the highest quality ones out there and one of the best possible choices for a club racer." In other words, your data sampling is highly skewered. I do apologize if you felt my post was rude though.
Just look at how well the old XXX-4 and XX-4 were doing at the Reedy race. It's the driver - not the car or equipment!
Old 01-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
Just look at how well the old XXX-4 and XX-4 were doing at the Reedy race. It's the driver - not the car or equipment!
I was surprised by that too....

But I'd never buy one, even second hand, with it being discontinued and all. Parts support is pretty important.

Which leads to my advice - whatever they run and stock at your local track is what you should buy. You'll have people there that know how to setup your ride, parts support when things break, and a healthy second hand market if you need hop-ups or whatever.