Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sc10 Bellcrank

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 09:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Sc10 Bellcrank

I'm going to try and put in a Alum Bellcrank from TA. I never done it before I have looked for videos on youtube but don't seem to see any. any one know of a place where I can see a step by step way on doing this? thanks.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

just look at the original directions. It should be the same exact instructions with the exception that the parts are aluminum. I would actually recommend the avid aluminum bellcrank. It seems a bit more rugged and I haven't had a problem with mine in my b4.1 wc.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by adamym
just look at the original directions. It should be the same exact instructions with the exception that the parts are aluminum. I would actually recommend the avid aluminum bellcrank. It seems a bit more rugged and I haven't had a problem with mine in my b4.1 wc.

Thanks for the info. I just looked it up and have one more question it said These parts eliminate the servo saver. what part is the servo saver? sorry for the dumb question
Old 01-26-2013, 10:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rem270
Thanks for the info. I just looked it up and have one more question it said These parts eliminate the servo saver. what part is the servo saver? sorry for the dumb question
The servo saver is the arm with the spring in the top picture. You replace both the Servo saver and solid arm with the aluminum pieces. I too would go with the Avid rack.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

The servo saver is the little spring that allows the wheels to be bumped and not damage a cheap servo. This is why they come with most kits. Most of the metal gear servos today won't be bothered by not having a servo saver. Just make sure that you have a servo that has enough torque to get the job done the right way. Since your trying to put the aluminum bell crank in the sc10 I would suggest going with a higher torque servo than speed. Those bigger wheels will give more leverage that could damage a servo. So, something in the area of 180+ ounces of torque would be awesome.

The benefits of eliminating the servo saver will be increased steering response. I don't think you'll have any problems with it. The 22 series buggy and trucks from losi don't include a servo saver at all. I run the avid bell crank in my b4.1 which doesn't have one. I pretty much glued the one in my Durango 410SC. The ones that I haven't mess with is my 8th scale buggy and my 4mod 10th scale buggy.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for all the help got it in with no problems after i knew what was what