Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Bugget Rc Help >

Bugget Rc Help

Bugget Rc Help

Old 01-23-2013, 09:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Bugget Rc Help

Hi there guys , i want to know your opinion im thinking in buying a rc carn brushless but can only spend up to 150 -170 plus shipping.

The main use of this RC is bashing and some runs in sand since i live near beach.

I live im Portugal and there are some Rc shops but i think i can get better prices in uk stores.

I was thinking in buying this model Speed Passion RS2 Brushless RTR Truggy.
But i considered other options like Ansmann Racing Mad Monkey Brushless RTR (the gears are not protected as the RS2) or even buying a kit and put motor and esc.

bellow gona put some shops were i have seen, but if you know anyone better please say.

Uk stores were i have seen.

modelsport.co.uk
swiftrc.co.uk
storacingproducts.com
jemodels.com
gadgetbox.co.uk
rchobbyestore.co.uk

not sure if they are reliable also if some one can say if bought there i would love

Portugal stores
spmodelismo.com
rtr-modelismo.com

Thanks in advanced
Old 01-26-2013, 08:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

I can't really say if any of those 2 cars you mentioned are reliable. I know that Speed passion has some issues with their speed controls if you don't know what your doing. Other than that, the only real advice I can offer is that in this hobby you get what you pay for. If all you want to do is bash around then that's fine, but if you want the real experience look for something that more well known.

Your not too far off from getting a team associated t4.1. Traxxas is also a pretty durable brand name, but quite a bit more expensive to get a brushless setup. In any case I would say just save a little more and get something better. Especially with the idea of sand bashing and what not. That way parts will be easy to get a hold of as well as you'll always have someone to ask about any problems that you have.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I'd vote for a Traxxas Rustler or Slash. Can be bought anywhere. Parts easily available. Very Durable. Ultimate bashers.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cdwilliams1
I'd vote for a Traxxas Rustler or Slash. Can be bought anywhere. Parts easily available. Very Durable. Ultimate bashers.
+1