Community
Wiki Posts
Search

High rev issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 01:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Default High rev issue

Hey guys, I have a Losi eight RTR, have had for a couple of months and it has ran great, today I noticed when i was off throttle into corners the car would hold acceleration. which I thought was strange. When I rolled it on its back it was revvin like crazy. The fuel lines are all fine, and there is no fuel anywhere as i assume there would be if there was a leak. The only other thing I can think of is the rubber seal between engine and exhaust is knackered, it looks soughta ok.
Just wondering if this is a common issue and replacement part, or might there be another cause.
Should note the issue occurs or maybe is just more noticable when engine is warmed up if that helps at all.
Thanks for any replies.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Davison
Hey guys, I have a Losi eight RTR, have had for a couple of months and it has ran great, today I noticed when i was off throttle into corners the car would hold acceleration. which I thought was strange. When I rolled it on its back it was revvin like crazy. The fuel lines are all fine, and there is no fuel anywhere as i assume there would be if there was a leak. The only other thing I can think of is the rubber seal between engine and exhaust is knackered, it looks soughta ok.
Just wondering if this is a common issue and replacement part, or might there be another cause.
Should note the issue occurs or maybe is just more noticable when engine is warmed up if that helps at all.
Thanks for any replies.
Check your throttle servo endpoints and check for Air leaks and fix all exhaust seals as it provides fuel pressure. Ensure you have a rubber or spring between carby and TOP needle to hold the carby closed @ idle. Drop Idle if necessary if you changed fuel. Also check for fuel tank leaks and all fuel lines.

From there, if everything checks ok, and idle at rest is low, it could mean your engine has loosened up and you may want to re-tune the idle mixture with the bottom needle and idle. If the idle gap is too large allowing too much air in and if the bottm mixture is rich which drops the revs at idle by richening the mixture, you may want to lean the bottom needle 1/4 turn and drop the idle gap. This should fix the "false idle". Also take note that on most engines when you lower the idle it by default richens the bottom mixture (by opening the bottom mixture screw gap) so you should chase the idle screw with the bottom needle to maintain a good idle mix. This may differ if using a rotary carby.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Thx for tips blis I'll check it out today see if I can get it runnin right again.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Replaced exhaust seal and all good
Old 01-20-2013, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Good news
Old 01-20-2013, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

you lucked out, the exhaust seal has nothing to do with the issue you described.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by asc6000
you lucked out, the exhaust seal has nothing to do with the issue you described.
It provides fuel pressure, a leak will lean out the engine.