17T slipping

Old 01-16-2013, 12:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy 17T slipping

Iv recently got a super hotshot, upgraded the motor to 17T with the 15T pinion, then bought off a mate a secound hand 9.5T brushless, brushed ESC and put it in car with a 17T pinion but it seems to slip at the touch of the throttle lever but is ok flat out and the same in reverse, etc ??? can anyone help me sort this ? Thanks
Old 01-16-2013, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Check that the rotor shaft is not slipping in the magnet, or more that likely your slipper needs tightening.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:50 AM
Tech Rookie

ok im rusty on these rc cars these days as 1st one iv had in 20 odd years lol, how do i check if its slipping on the magnet ? whats the slipper ?
Old 01-20-2013, 04:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My bad, after reading the manual no slipper. your best bet is find someone familiar with brushless motors &pull the rotor, put the pinion on the removed rotor & if you can turn the shaft while holding the magnet then it has lost its bonding.

Also check the you have not sheared any drive pins or stripped gears in the transmission. here is a link that has a manual if you do not have one.

https://www.tamiyausa.com/product/it...oduct-id=58517

Last edited by TOM MAR; 01-20-2013 at 04:30 AM.