On Road VTA?

Old 01-03-2013, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 191 (100%+)
Default On Road VTA?

I am still new to the on road scene and was wondering what motor/ESC combo would be great to start out in on road racing. Something that has great acceleration but also good top end. Im thinking about running it in the local oval track then moving to a bigger track. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S I will be running a HPI Sprint 2 Flux roller with upgraded Schumacher threaded shocks if that helps...
Old 01-03-2013, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

All onroad classes other than the open mod classes have specific motors you have to run to be legal. VTA is a spec class. USVTA uses 25.5 Novak motors and non timing ESCs with no ability to update the firmware. It's a slow class. To get a little more top end on larger tracks, people just gear to a lower FDR.

Go to the tracks you plan to race at and ask about the various classes and what equipment is allowed.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

You can try the VTA thread in the on-road section.... just be careful what you say, or the "those aren't the rules!!! police" will come down on you "

J/K... but as for an ESC, the Hobbywing Justock is a good, cheap option. I have been running one in VTA and it is good.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Type_R_Henry View Post
P.S I will be running a HPI Sprint 2 Flux roller with upgraded Schumacher threaded shocks if that helps...

You may find some useful HPI Sprint 2 info here >>> http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-sows-ear.html
Old 01-03-2013, 09:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nf_ekt View Post
the Hobbywing Justock is a good, cheap option. I have been running one in VTA and it is good.
Hey, nf_ekt, you have one of these yet???