Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new guy drifting.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 06:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Default new guy drifting.

Hello everyone, my name is aj. A friend of mine turned me onto this site for info on drifting and I must say it turned out well. I did a bunch of research and found out the best drift car is the one you have and can easily get parts for so I picked up a Hpi sprint 2d. yeah its stock but I think it will work for me to learn and I should be able to hop it up and make it fairly good. Not looking to enter comp soon if at all so I think it was a good choice. Any tips to make this easier would be appreciated.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

good choice in drift cars the best thing to do is just practice theres not much a sprint needs its good the way it is. you could add a one way diff in the front but the hpi one has problems so try to get an aftermarket one if any. a one way gives you an e brake feel cause when you hit the brakes only the back brakes work making it spin out easier good luck and any questions feel free to ask
Old 12-19-2012, 12:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the info. I was thinking about getting a one way but I don't usethe break that much. Just goose the throttle and she comes around. I only have about 5 packs ran thru it so far so I guess well see.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Btw is there such a thing as a locker for the rear?
Old 12-19-2012, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yeah they have locked rear diffs and there's also an easy free mod with hot glue you can do just look on YouTube. That will help also makes a little easier to hold a drift thru corners