Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good for beginners

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Good for beginners

I'm looking to get back into the hobby, right now I have a Duratrax Evader bx Pro and I really can't find upgrades for it. I was wondering what a good/hot truggy to buy that's ready to run.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Good/hot and ready to run are generally antonyms. RTR's are a great learning experience and introduction to the hobby but once you feel you've outgrown your first RTR, you're ready for the world of race-grade kits as you could spend twice the cost of a great kit on upgrades for an RTR and still not have something as good.

Since this would not be your very first RC car, your question then needs to be answered with a few questions. What do you want to do with the car, i.e. race, drive it in the street, jump it over your neighbor's house, etc.? What are you looking to spend?
Old 10-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Uhmm truggy....well then I'd go with 8ight 2.0 rtr !

Good for bashing and racing It also comes with a decent radio

Edit: If your looking for 1/10 scale electric truggies /stadium trucks then maybe one from Durango ( came out last month ), Losi or Associated.

Last edited by Fanatiq; 10-05-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Save a little extra coin and get a race kit, better off in the long run. If you use the rtr regularly you'll find you will start to spend a bit to keep it going.
On which kit go one where you can get easy access to parts at your local hobby shop, a lot of good race kits out there to choose from.