Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Which Failsafe >

Which Failsafe

Which Failsafe

Old 03-04-2005, 05:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Which Failsafe

I already checked the search for this but turned up nothing.I am a newbie when it comes to R/C, I just got a traxxas S-maxx a week ago. Have not been able to break it in or anything because I live where there is winter for 6 months! Anyways, to my question...I was looking at failsafes and was thinking of getting the new one from Venom Racing, But I read that with traxxas models you have to mod the plug that is on the truck to get it to fit. Can anyonr recommend any falisafes to me? Thanks for the help!
Old 03-04-2005, 07:30 PM
Tech Adept

Theres all types of fail safes out there now adays. Companies such as venom and dynamite just to name a few. But if you want a reliable never failing fail safe, go to a home hardware store and find a spring. A small spring thats just strong enough to pull your throttle back to full break. You may have to buy a few to find which on is right but the spring is the best way out there. Even team losi includes a throttle return spring in their XXX-NT. The reasoning a spring is better, is because anything electronic can fail, where as the spring cant unless it breaks (uncommon), or is installed incorrectly. Not to say fail safes aren't good, just may be better choice.

Hope this helps you.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:34 PM
Suspended

Location: please try not to look at my avatar to long may cause u know what

go with ofna man there small and good i have one and works awsome