R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone

Old 07-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Where to Sell RC Stuff

Hello all. I have recently gotten into RC and can't get enough. The only problem is, I can only justify one car at a time. (Young child at home means many expenses) Therefore, I'm trying to figure out exactly what I like by buying, trying, then selling and trying something different. With that said, it is time for me to move on to something different but now, since I don't have over 100 posts, I can't sell or trade on here. Does anyone have any recommendations on where another good place to sell would be. I've been trying craigslist but people want to trade me golf clubs and engine work. Not really what I had in mind. Ebay is okay, but their fees suck. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I didn't know a 100 post requirement was put up for the for sale area here, but it makes sense. Most boards require either a number of posts, a length of time on the board, or both, before allowing sales posts.

Other good places (that will also have similar restrictions) are additional overall RC sites such as UltimateRC.com.

You can also look for specific boards based on the kind of RC you drive, such as rcshortcourse.com.

If you say you're open to trading on any of the boards, including craigslist, you'll get a bunch of offers, but if you're specific with what are the only things you'll accept for trade (such as another RC vehicle), then you should get less but more appropriate offers.

Another good place is your local hobby shop's boards or even a real corkboard in the shop (or sign on the vehicle while you're there for a race day).
"We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit." -Aristotle
My wallet supports: TeknoRC.com, NorCalHobbies.com, SMC, Sanwa, and several tire/servo companies.
justpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #3
Tech Initiate

Yeah, the requirement sucks, but I completely understand. I appreciate your suggestions and will try bringing it to the track with a sign on it and possibly some other forums. I have a feeling that there will be a post limit on those as well. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious. Thanks again.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

One of the hobby stores near me will let you put it in the store on consignment. Of course, they take a fee when it sells. 10% up to a set limit, I believe. Just another possibility if all else fails.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #5
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdtech58 View Post
One of the hobby stores near me will let you put it in the store on consignment. Of course, they take a fee when it sells. 10% up to a set limit, I believe. Just another possibility if all else fails.
I was thinking about trying that. The owner of the small shop by me said I could put it up on consignment for no fee. There is very little traffic there but it might be worth a try.