For the new guys in the hobby >

For the new guys in the hobby

For the new guys in the hobby

Old 10-06-2001, 11:09 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: re: jeffc

Originally posted by tc3driver
I know that is it almost in describable!!!!

but some good adjectives
astonishing
exelent
killer
sweet
proud
holy **** it accually goes (lol)
haha... That was like my Rustler when i got into the hobby. I got the original rustler, ( before RTR & before rustler had tranny bearings & slipper clutch! ) All i can say is i was like "Snikies it works!! I suddenly needed another battery pack.
Old 10-06-2001, 11:10 AM
M 5
Tech Regular

I love kits, I don't have a car thats RTR except for a second hand N4tec.
I do think building a kit makes a person know RC better. But RC is not only about building a kit and knowing the way to run the car better.
I think RC gets people together, no matter what age. Kids, adults, anyone related to RC will get to know each other. People get alot of fun playing it, playing it together.
Well RC is all about fun! I don't see why people shouldn't want to consider RTRs when they can't afford to be involved in RC too much.

Last edited by M 5; 10-06-2001 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-09-2001, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by M 5
I love kits, I don't have a car thats RTR except for a second hand N4tec.
I do think building a kit makes a person know RC better. But RC is not only about building a kit and knowing the way to run the car better.
I think RC gets people together, no matter what age. Kids, adults, anyone related to RC will get to know each other. People get alot of fun playing it, playing it together.
Well RC is all about fun! I don't see why people shouldn't want to consider RTRs when they can't afford to be involved in RC too much.
I've never had an RTR, and that is good I think..i;ve always had to tear the car apart for something...
Old 10-11-2001, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Default I love kits too !!!

But I accept people, who wants an RTR. As long, RTR's don't ruin the market for kits.

However, I don't think RTR's will take over. RC cars is about learning, competing, socializing, just to name a few. But since there's a lot more than one way to make a good car, RC cars is interesting.

It's not like computer hardware. There's nothing much you can do yourself, just wait, and buy the new phantom-XYZ processor and the latest wonder graphics adapter.

In RC cars, there's a lot of room for experimenting, doing things your own way and learning new stuff.

My first RC car, was even not a kit. Wheels, tires, steering components and electronics was bought. The rest I've made myself. Including the speed regulator, the ESC wasn't invented at that time. Of course, it required a lot of tools and there's was a teacher too. I still remember the first run. Hard to find words, but it was real exciting and a great experience.

Now a days, my son is 3 years. Hopefully, he's interested in RC cars when he get's old enough. I really would like to build a kit together with him.

Have a nice day.
Old 10-11-2001, 07:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think RTR's are great to get new people into the hobby. I just think there's more to be learned, by building your own kit. Nothing says you can't buy a RTR, tear it down, and rebuild it. But, I don't know of many people who do that.
Old 10-12-2001, 02:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JeffC
I think RTR's are great to get new people into the hobby. I just think there's more to be learned, by building your own kit.
Yep.

I think the new RTR's from HPI (Sprint and Dash) seems very interesting. Easy to get started with, yet it's possible to change tires, springs and bodies and more. If they are as durable as the Pro2/Sport2, I think they will be a very good starting point.

The HPI Micro is also interesting. Using standard electronics, there are many posibilities.

I have to admit, I haven't seen these cars for real yet. By the way, I'm not trying to marketing HPI, for example, I don't like the Pro3. But the more people into this hobby, the more fun.
Old 10-15-2001, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Last friday, I had my first run with a real RTR, the Mini-Z.

Incredible funny and entertaining, for small money. I borrowed one at work, we was 4 guys, that made a small track in an empty office after work was done. We had a great time, racing, racing and racing.

However, if it was my own car, I would like to play with the suspension. But I find the options too narrow. But I admit, it was real fun.
Old 10-15-2001, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

I own both a mini-z and a micro both are fun. But have their own places to be run. Its just enjoyable either way.
Old 10-15-2001, 10:19 PM
Tech Regular

Usagi,what type track u run X-RAY in.I have one all so having little problem trying to get on power push out of mine.I run on a very slick,bumpy,and dirty track.Don't u love parking lot racing?
Old 10-15-2001, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Redirecting thread - Kits rock. little dog you could ask in the ele onroad forum they have an Xray thread.
Old 10-23-2001, 04:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Cole Trickle

I think the new RTR's from HPI (Sprint and Dash) seems very interesting. Easy to get started with, yet it's possible to change tires, springs and bodies and more. If they are as durable as the Pro2/Sport2, I think they will be a very good starting point.
BTW, I just had a close-look at the HPI sprint and damn. It's actually a Neo NR-4.... I was searching for parts for my neo one day, and ppl told me, hey wait for the HPI sprint, it's actually my NR4...
Old 10-23-2001, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

Little Dog, tec tracks, not much straightaways.
Old 10-23-2001, 11:13 AM
RCTech Member #2

The neo looks to be higher quality though, being carbon fiber instead of whatever the HPI is ( my guess is nylon impregnated composite like the Pro3 )
Old 10-24-2001, 04:01 AM
Tech Master

Interesting part about the neo is that the suspension can be either the normal hinge pin type (like tamiya) or pivot ball type (corally style). Very cool, I'd go for the pivot ball but I don't have the setup equipment for that.
Old 10-24-2001, 07:35 AM
Tech Regular

Don`t they have agreement to make them for HPI?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.