Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
ESC compatibility - PLEASE HELP! >

ESC compatibility - PLEASE HELP!

ESC compatibility - PLEASE HELP!

Old 05-31-2012, 01:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? ESC compatibility - PLEASE HELP!

Well i am a new member to the forum so i would just like to say hi!

My Question is will my EZRun-SC10 ESC Work with a brushless SENSORED motor?

Looking forward to a quick response as there only 1 motor left in stock.
Thank you very much!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Witch-Doct0r

Thank you very much!!!
Not really. Sensored motors are meant to be used with a sensored ESC. It might run, but a sensored motor without the sensor wire will tend to cog worse than a motor that is meant to be sensorless. It might just sit there making awful noises.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

The EZ-Run systems are sensorless. You can sometimes run sensorless motors with a sensored esc but its not the norm. Some escs can run them, some can't. From my experience with the EZ run systems I wouldn't chance it.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Thank you very much!!!
it will work but as locked said there will be pretty bad cogging if i was you i would buy a new system that's fully sensored. or you can go with a dualsky system there pretty cheap and that's what i use specifically for racing in my associated chassis, if you want to check em out go to ckhobby.com and look at the esc's and motors i run the xc550tf-mj and a z5 17.5 in blinky buggy and its amazing has a lot of speed and runs insanely cool (fully sensored system with an auto lipo cutoff set from the factory)
Old 05-31-2012, 01:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Thank you all very much! greatly appreciated. =] i am new to all this and have only just brought my ESC and all the brushless motors i have looked at are all sensored! i am looking to spend about 50 or $80 on a really good fast motor thats compatible for my buggy (Reely's 'Rhino II' ARR) any recommendations? Thanks again all!
Old 05-31-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Thank you.

Thank you all very much! greatly appreciated. =] i am new to all this and have only just brought my ESC and all the brushless motors i have looked at are all sensored! i am looking to spend about 50 or $80 on a really good fast motor thats compatible for my buggy (Reely's 'Rhino II' ARR) any recommendations? Thanks again all!
Old 05-31-2012, 04:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rcduder
it will work but as locked said there will be pretty bad cogging if i was you i would buy a new system that's fully sensored. or you can go with a dualsky system there pretty cheap and that's what i use specifically for racing in my associated chassis, if you want to check em out go to ckhobby.com and look at the esc's and motors i run the xc550tf-mj and a z5 17.5 in blinky buggy and its amazing has a lot of speed and runs insanely cool (fully sensored system with an auto lipo cutoff set from the factory)
Thanks for the advice rcduder i will check them out! =] Keep rolling m8
Old 05-31-2012, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the advice rcduder i will check them out! =] Keep rolling m8
you wont be disappointed i fyou have any questions about anything on ckhobby mike(mc4798 is his username) runs the site and is a cool guy and very helpful hes not on much but im sure will be happy to answer your questions, there also a thread about the products right here:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...tors-escs.html

good luck with getting setup
Old 05-31-2012, 04:56 PM
Tech Rookie

you wont be disappointed i fyou have any questions about anything on ckhobby mike(mc4798 is his username) runs the site and is a cool guy and very helpful hes not on much but im sure will be happy to answer your questions, there also a thread about the products right here:

[-**URL**-](Can NOT post urls yet.)

good luck with getting setup
Unfortunatley they dont have any dualsky combo's at the moment only Toro's What turn motor would u recommend for my 1:10 Reely: Rhino II 4WD buggy? I'm after speed! Thanks for your help again dude!
Old 05-31-2012, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Unfortunatley they dont have any dualsky combo's at the moment only Toro's What turn motor would u recommend for my 1:10 Reely: Rhino II 4WD buggy? I'm after speed! Thanks for your help again dude!
oh yes they don't have the systems right now they just sell the motors/esc's separate until further notice but for speed i would recommend getting a 9.5 or a 8.5 motor and if you go the dualsky route they have a really cool optional part that is an internal fan for the motor that u can also buy on ckhobby for a few bucks

and anytime man glad to help
Old 05-31-2012, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default Yes... They will work...

There is a lot of misconception between sensor and non-sensored motor compatability...

The ONLY difference between sensored motors and sensorless motor are the fact that they have a sensor port and sensor that reads rotor position...

Most often a sensored motor does not runn well with a sensorless system because the sensored motor has adjustable time and it will be turn up to 20+ degrees. If you set a sensored motor to a timing between 0 - 10 degrees it will work as good or better than a standard sensorless motor.

Sensorless ESCs still actually locate rotor position by reading the feedback from the three power lines on the motor but it does not do this well at low RPM. If you add a ton of endbell timing on the motor it struggles even more with reading the rotor position on sensorless setup.

Bottom line... You can use any sensored motor with a sensorless ESC as long as you set the timing on the motor low and if you want timing advance to it through the sensorless esc and you will still have a pretty smooth setup.

Most often sensored motors are of better quality then non-sensored motors so paring them with a sensorless esc is better than a non-sensored motor...

You will ALWAYS gett better low speed performance form a sensored setup but don't let a sensorless ESC limit you on motor selection..

Hope this helps...
Old 05-31-2012, 05:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks JFuel11 that helped alot!
Old 05-31-2012, 06:05 PM
Tech Rookie

What do you guys think of the Dualsky XM540TF 7.5T 4500KV 1/10 Brushless 540 Sensorless Motor ?
Old 05-31-2012, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

What do you guys think of the Dualsky XM540TF 7.5T 4500KV 1/10 Brushless 540 Sensorless Motor ?
i haven't ran that specific one but all i go tto say is these motors are awesome i came from using tekin and like these better (just my 2 cents though )
Old 05-31-2012, 06:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking

i haven't ran that specific one but all i go tto say is these motors are awesome i came from using tekin and like these better (just my 2 cents though )
I have just brought it thanks for your help! Yay! 10 Posts!

Weird it skipped to 12 posts ...lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.