R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Rookie Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/rookie-zone-7/)
-   -   1/10th Scale E-Revo or Alternative (https://www.rctech.net/forum/rookie-zone/623532-1-10th-scale-e-revo-alternative.html)

steveelkin 04-28-2012 10:00 PM

1/10th Scale E-Revo or Alternative

I'm kind of thinking about getting an 10th Scale Brushless E-Revo... I didn't know if anyone has toyed with these enough to say yay or nay... Im looking for something that is stupid fast, durable, that I can do some solid bashing with.

I guess that I'm open to other brands. Kind of been looking at the Vorza Fluxes as well.

Can anyone recommend a better or equal solution to these?

Thanks

50mph 04-29-2012 11:38 AM

The E-Revo makes a great basher. But like any rc car, it has its limits. As long as you're not running full speed into walls and stuff, you shouldn't have any major problems. Haven't had any problems yet with mine. But if you really want to do all-out bashing, I've heard the Savages are the way to go. They can handle a little more than the E-Revos can. Vorzas are also said to be the most durable 1/8 buggy. If you plan on racing and bashing, go for the Vorza or E-Revo. If you're just going to bash only, I'd recommend the Savage. Hope this helps!

RCnoobster 05-03-2012 05:48 AM

E-Revos are great but a little sluggish (apolagies if anyone dissagrees) the rustler VXL is similar but slightly smaller and easier to manage. I've had mine for almost a year and find it great fun. If you do get the E-Revo don't even think about getting brushed because it is really slow !! Hope this helps :)

porterdog 05-03-2012 08:24 AM

Check out the Thunder Tiger monster truck. MTGT4 or something like that. Relatively new, it's acquired a lot of fans in a short amount of time...

rizzo389 05-03-2012 04:00 PM

+1

Zt 05-12-2012 08:59 PM

hi guys,

i am new to this. i am thinking of getting a traxxas e-revo brushless or hpi savage flux or hpi vorza flux hp. what do you guys think? Or maybe i should go for a ruslter vxl instead which is cheaper or any other commendations? I am looking for an electric set-up to be my first rc. Just want something to be able to go bash around, go on track and have some fun

Cheers,
Justin

Gladzilla 05-12-2012 09:33 PM

my hpi e firestorm is awesome with a 8.5v battery

T. Herwig 05-12-2012 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Zt (Post 10725742)
hi guys,

i am new to this. i am thinking of getting a traxxas e-revo brushless or hpi savage flux or hpi vorza flux hp. what do you guys think? Or maybe i should go for a ruslter vxl instead which is cheaper or any other commendations? I am looking for an electric set-up to be my first rc. Just want something to be able to go bash around, go on track and have some fun

Cheers,
Justin

Hi there,

The Rustle is 2wd vs the other 3 which are all 4wd. The E-revo has a lower ground clearance as compared to the Savage Flux so it would be better on a track, but would be slightly less capable off-road. The Vorza is a buggy which would be the best on a track of all of the vehicles mentioned. It depends on the terrain you want to bash on, but if you want a mix of track/bashing I would say either the Vorza or the E-Revo.

Zt 05-12-2012 09:49 PM

Hey guys,

Thank you for the advice!

T. Herwig, yes i am planning to have a mix of bashing and track. It seems that the E-revo is quicker and waterproof out of the box and requires less tweaking. However Vorza is more durable? I am not too sure just my feeling after reading around in forums :D

I found that the best i could get from where i stay on ebay for:

E-revo brushless: USD 820
Vorza: USD 740

Considering the price which would you recommend?

Or should i go for rustler which is half the price considering i am just a beginner? I would like to get the good set up from the start so i do not have to keep buying one :D
Cheers,
Justin

PandaGeneral808 05-12-2012 10:11 PM

The Thunder Tiger Mt4 G3 IS the truck for you, it fits all of your criteria perfectly. Its also way better than the erevo, my bro is selling his because he likes my mt4 so much. Its better in durability and handling compared to the erevo.

T. Herwig 05-12-2012 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Zt (Post 10725881)
Hey guys,

Thank you for the advice!

T. Herwig, yes i am planning to have a mix of bashing and track. It seems that the E-revo is quicker and waterproof out of the box and requires less tweaking. However Vorza is more durable? I am not too sure just my feeling after reading around in forums :D

I found that the best i could get from where i stay on ebay for:

E-revo brushless: USD 820
Vorza: USD 740

Considering the price which would you recommend?

Or should i go for rustler which is half the price considering i am just a beginner? I would like to get the good set up from the start so i do not have to keep buying one :D
Cheers,
Justin

I would say the Vorza. It's an 8th scale buggy so durability should be up to par and it would work as a basher and if you'd ever decide to start racing in the future you'd be set. The Rustler could be fun and I'd steer you more towards short course trucks (possibly the Slash 4x4, Losi SCTE, etc.) if you wanted to go 10th scale. I know you can tone down the ESC on the Vorza until you feel more comfortable with it.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBNKU&P=ML $644 there

janga 05-12-2012 11:25 PM

Buy the axial exo terra buggy. It is the best basher out there. :nod:
You can also get the motor you want because it is a kit so go the same speed as an erevo with castle mamba max pro esc motor combo. If you dont want a kit get the vorza because it is durable as anything.

Zt 05-13-2012 05:13 AM

Hey guys,

Thank you for the help!

I am looking at the price difference between the two price. is the e-revo a more advanced set up since the stock engine is able to go up to 65mph while the one in the vorza requires a new engine to hit the top speed? I am thinking that the e-revo is better value since it is only 80 USD more but has included batteries, waterproof and better engine?

I can see the benefit of having the Vorza as T. Herwig mentioned as well. Furthermore locally I have better support for HPI. Hard choice indeed.

Either way i am planning to buy 3s lipo for them as read in forums which make them quick (hopefully it is not the point of out of control) :D

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers,
Justin

T. Herwig 05-13-2012 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Zt (Post 10726503)
Hey guys,

Thank you for the help!

I am looking at the price difference between the two price. is the e-revo a more advanced set up since the stock engine is able to go up to 65mph while the one in the vorza requires a new engine to hit the top speed? I am thinking that the e-revo is better value since it is only 80 USD more but has included batteries, waterproof and better engine?

I can see the benefit of having the Vorza as T. Herwig mentioned as well. Furthermore locally I have better support for HPI. Hard choice indeed.

Either way i am planning to buy 3s lipo for them as read in forums which make them quick (hopefully it is not the point of out of control) :D

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers,
Justin

Actually, they both come with the same exact electronics believe it or not. :nod: The Revo comes with the Mamba Monster 2200kv, and the Vorza uses the "Tork" 2200kv which is actually just a rebadged Mamba Monster motor, and same goes for the ESC.

One thing to note is that the E-Revo actually uses 2 batteries, and the Vorza has the opportunity to use a single battery. Ex: E-Revo would use two 2S lipos, while the Vorza would use 1 4S lipo. E-Revo would use two 3S lipos, while the Vorza would use 1 6S lipo. However, for a 2200kv motor I would recommend a 4S lipo. Here are some diagrams for each vehicle.

http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil..._chart_med.jpg
http://www.hpiracing.com/graphics/kits/103420/006.jpg

Zt 05-15-2012 08:59 AM

Thank you T. Herwig,

I think I might actually get the Vorza and not look at Traxxas as my local hobby shops support HPI more than traxxas (interestingly).

I might even be thinking of getting the HPI E-Firestorm Flux since it is waterproof to bash around :D

Cheers,
Justin