Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
RC parts availability >

RC parts availability

RC parts availability

Old 04-01-2012, 07:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Default RC parts availability

Hello,

I am new to the hobby of RC racing and I'm considering purchasing a car. I will mostly be bashing and short course racing and I'm looking at several short course trucks.

Traxxas - 2WD Slash
Associated - SC10
HPI - Blitz
Losi - XXX SCT

I have conducted a bit of research and realize that these trucks have been compared many times in the past. Most of my friends are driving slashes and the local hobby store carries Traxxas and Losi parts. How important is it to choose a truck with readily available parts? I would be perfectly fine ordering parts online and waiting for them to arrive. Most of the time, ordering online is cheaper anyways.

I have come to the conclusion that the SC10 and the Blitz both drive better then the Slash and I would like to purchase one of them, but is it worth it giving up the spare parts supply?
Old 04-01-2012, 07:59 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

I personally don't like to wait. So 1 option is to buy the common replacement parts and keep them in your box. Or get what the LHS stocks so you can get up and running sooner if you break something.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

If you never owned a R/C car before part supply is important. Try the Losi, where I race the fastest guy there races the XXX-SCT so give it a chance.

But the most important thing is to get the one you want, so if it is the sc10 or blitz: get it, good luck and have fun.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Almost every hobby shop carries parts for a slash, others might be harder depending on the shop.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Tech Regular

go with the Slash its a great truck durable and as you said your friends already run them. Parts are easy to get at most hobby stores and your friends will have spares that can be borrowed and replaced later. The Sc10 is a great truck bit I would not reccomend it as a first truck as it runs on the edge. make sure that you get the VXL model as it has the brushless system and is cheaper to get now than upgrade later.