Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
want apinion on the  Hitec X4 Plus AC/DC Charger  thinking about gettting one. >

want apinion on the Hitec X4 Plus AC/DC Charger thinking about gettting one.

want apinion on the Hitec X4 Plus AC/DC Charger thinking about gettting one.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default want apinion on the Hitec X4 Plus AC/DC Charger thinking about gettting one.

im think about buying one of these and i just what other people apinion about them. ive been looking at them and google them. some people say there good and some dont. i run more 2s then 3s so if this help thankls.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

They are more pricy than some other options, being a name brand in chargers. I know that it will always balance charge correctly and things of that nature though, so it gives me peace of mind when charging LiPo.

Many will also say there is a downside for having the power supply built in (thus the AC part), but even if that goes you can still use it like a DC charger by getting an external power supply. The downside to running a separate power supply is that you have to carry yet another unit with you to wherever you're going to run.

That being said, one of my friends runs one of those for all his batteries for flying (everything from small receiver and mini-copter packs to larger 6s packs that get put into series to form 12s power).

I use mine every weekend at the track to charge 2s while I race and practice. Last weekend a fellow racer blew his power supply so I let him plug in and charge on mine. We were putting out 5 amps per on his side and 5.3 per on my side with all 4 charging, and no issues.

My friend has had the charger roughly since they came out, and I've had mine for several months now, and neither of us have had issues with them. I give it a big thumbs up for quality.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default sweet

sweet deal that all i need to know thanks bud.i use a team checl point 1030 and a ice charger so i have a power supply but having 3 things to carry i just want somthing that i just half to carry one. thank.s