Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
If your new and want to say hi, post it here >

If your new and want to say hi, post it here

Like Tree52Likes

If your new and want to say hi, post it here

Old 09-19-2012, 03:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi all.
New to the hobby, and this seems like a good, active forum.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Default noob

Hello everybody and thanks for having me here.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi all, my buddy got me hooked on buying a Mini so here I am. Not new to forums or RC's, I mostly run 5th scale off road. Joined here a year and a half ago but forum would not let me post re-registered and all is good. Se ya all around...
Old 09-26-2012, 02:52 PM
Tech Rookie

So my first car was a Bolink Eliminator 12 back in 89. Then got a RC10 Graphite Team Car in 91 or so. Then a few more in the early 90's on road and off. All of which I still have. Everybody wanted to go and drive but nobody had their own cars so they just broke mine instead. D bags. Well fast forward to last year and I got my boys 5 and 7 some RC10T4's for Christmas and myself a Slash 2wd VXL and now I'm hooked again. In those short 10 months I have spent way too much money and I can't stop now. At least I got my brother in law and his 3 boys and a few other friends to get some SCT's. Now they are hooked as well. Got some land about 20 min out of town that I am working on getting water and electricity to build a short course track. Was thinking about 8 to 10 foot wide lanes and about 100'X60' overall. We will see what happens. Not looking to make any money. Just need some dirt a track a few friends and some beer. Make that lots of beer! Cheers!
Old 09-30-2012, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Last edited by Big Trol; 12-29-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Tech Rookie

just saying hello, used to do rc with my dad growing up, my son, recently turned 7 and i have gotten back into the hobby, currently just bashing have an ecx torment and circuit looking at building a vta touring car
Old 10-03-2012, 06:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hello all...

How is it people have there toys and hop-ups listed at the bottom of the page?
Glad to be here...
Dave
Old 10-04-2012, 03:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi all, decently new to the hobby got myself a slash and a scte!
Old 10-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi I'm new to this wonderful website, im new to RC cars but eager to learn more about them. I've recently picked up a 1/10 scale car which is great. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and contributing to the forum when I learn the ins and outs.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:49 PM
huh
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alexrc
just saying hello, used to do rc with my dad growing up, my son, recently turned 7 and i have gotten back into the hobby, currently just bashing have an ecx torment and circuit looking at building a vta touring car
Welcome Alex. It's always nice getting back into a hobby and sharing it with your family.

Originally Posted by fine4u
How is it people have there toys and hop-ups listed at the bottom of the page?
Glad to be here...
Dave
It's in the signature thing under user cp I believe. And welcome to the sickness

Originally Posted by lsbass
Hi all, decently new to the hobby got myself a slash and a scte!
Welcome. Enjoy them and most importantly have fun.

Originally Posted by Gazbhoy
Hi I'm new to this wonderful website, im new to RC cars but eager to learn more about them. I've recently picked up a 1/10 scale car which is great. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and contributing to the forum when I learn the ins and outs.
I've been away from RC for almost 20 years and just got back into. It's like I never left, with the exception of all the new high tech stuff they have now.

Jon
Old 10-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi everyone, thought I'd say Hello. My name's Tom and I live in Brisbane, Australia. I currently have a Tamiya TT01 which I'm slowly hopping up into a drift machine. Looking to get into track racing soon, just need to save some money for a decent chassis! Anyways love the forum, have learnt so much already, look forward to getting to know everyone better.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello everybody, I am very new to the hobby. Recently did two races using loaner cars and absolutely loved it. I am currently looking for a used TC6.1 and will take it from there.

This is a great forum with tonnes of information for newbies like us.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello, new to the forum but not to rc in general.

Here is a list of my current fleet lol

The 5th scales- 3 hpi baja's, and a losi 5ive
The 8th scales-associated sc8 e and a new in the box associated rc8.2e (winter build)
axial crawler

I just recently sold off all my nitro stuff and have a little more money to play with so I'd like to get in to 1/10 scale. My question for you guys is which one should I get?
I've had great luck with my sc8 so I was leaning toward the Associated sc10 factory kit
but after reading some threads here it sounds like I mite want to go with the losi 22t.

This buggy or sc would be used on an indoor clay track with high traction.

Any input would be welcome and appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-08-2012, 07:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Default hello

Hello, new to the forum but not to rc in general.

The 8th scales-associated sc8 e and a new in the box associated rc8.2e (winter build)
axial crawler

I just recently sold off all my nitro stuff and have a little more money to play with so I'd like to get in to 1/10 scale. My question for you guys is which one should I get?
I've had great luck with my sc8 so I was leaning toward the Associated sc10 factory kit
but after reading some threads here it sounds like I mite want to go with the losi 22t.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Hello

axial crawler

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.