If your new and want to say hi, post it here

Old 03-31-2020, 06:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Noob looking for help!

new looking to get into the hobby!
Old 03-31-2020, 07:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hi everyone, new to the forum and pretty much rc as well

For the life of me I cant find out how to create a thread. Tried searching for a discussion on chargers or try to create one. Or if anyone here can help that would be awesome.
justyjuice likes this.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Hi Guys

New to the forum, got myself a FTX Torro Nitro a few weeks ago and already I've been busy doing few upgrades and enjoying every minute of owning it.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Old school

Hey everyone, I used to race in the early 90s as a young scrote, have an Optima mid custom and Lazer zxr, looking to learn how everything has changed!
justyjuice likes this.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey all been dabbling in RC cars since a kid.... never had time to get back into it.... now with the Corona Virus and with some down time I finally get to build my new Kyosho Lazer 6.6 ... its my first car build from scratch and something I have always wanted to do..... I actually bought two cars and im looking forward to getting back into this hobby... Ive missed it a long time!! Back home at my parents house I still have vintage buggies lying around I hope to one day restore --- Mauri Ninja, Frog, 4wd ULTIMA Belt Driven, RC Electric Plane, Traxxas 2wd buggy ...etc... super excited to jump back in ...
Old 04-09-2020, 08:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey all been dabbling in RC cars since a kid.... never had time to get back into it.... now with the Corona Virus and with some down time I finally get to build my new Kyosho Lazer 6.6 ... its my first car build from scratch and something I have always wanted to do..... I actually bought two cars and im looking forward to getting back into this hobby... Ive missed it a long time!! My first time here !!
Old 04-19-2020, 09:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Hello. New guy here

Hello. Joined the forum to learn and ask questions. I bought a Redcat volcano 18 a year ago for my 9 year old son. We’ve replaced a lot of parts and have had a lot of fun with it.

I used to be into RC in the 80’s and owned a Kyosho Javelin and a Tamiya Frog. My brother had a Tamiya Hornet.

I just purchased an Associated Reflex 14b and two Lectron 200mAh batteries and a charger so my son and I can race in the schoolyard. I haven't received anything yet. It took me a while to find the right battery. I've never used LiPo before.

A lot has changed since I left the RC world. Ni-Cad's were the thing back then.

Tony.
Old 04-27-2020, 09:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Back in it, like most here.

So yeah, back after thirty years with an RC10T3 and a freshly acquired Cougar KC project, for when PDX RCunderground reopens. Whenever I reach the minimum post count, I'll put up photos.
Doug
Old 04-29-2020, 11:21 AM
Tech Rookie

New and hi!

I was going to post a first post with a picture, but even using the default image uploader is not allowed for people with under 10 posts. It claims I want to post a URL but oh well.

I've been into RC cars on, then long time off, then on since the 80s. My first car was a Tamiya Falcon, followed by a Losi JRX2 (when it first came out).

I've recently (last year or two) been driving an ECX Amp with my older son and just re (de) built my personal AMP MT for use by my younger son. I replaced it with a Tekno EB410.2 just because I can. I'm an engineer by trade and love to build stuff so it all works out for me.

Old 05-06-2020, 03:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New, well returning...

Hello everyone, I'm looking to get back into RC racing. I was introduced into the RC world when i was a teen, when my dad bought a couple cheaper on road nitro cars to race at hobby town in Virginia Beach, VA. We quickly learned that we needed better equipment if we wanted to be competitive. So we found a couple TA TC3's used and got those set-up the right way. Those cheaper cars became our backup cars. We had tons of fun, and made good friends with the regular guys out there. Once i moved out of the house and got a career and wife, the hobby became pretty non-existent over time.

A few years ago, i began to get the itch again, and started looking into Electric SCT's, found a shop that had a track (Debbie's RC World - Closed now) and bought me a truck. Once we started having kids, the hobby again, disappeared.

Now that my kids are getting older and less dependent, its coming back. Not sure if i want to go the SCT route or Touring Car route. Not sure whats around my area for tracks now, and really have limited resources to find anything right now due to being in the middle of the ocean. If anyone in the Hampton Roads area of VA knows of any tracks, please let me know.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello getting back into RC with my son after buying him a little basher and finding my Traxxas Rustler 3701!
Old 06-28-2020, 09:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi there, Itís Gerardo from Italy. Started like 10 years ago with VXL stock MERV, then Iíve been racing for several years 1/8 electric buggy but a couple years ago I quit for studying reasons.
I just bought 2 Traxxas Summit, both used and brushed, a 1/8 and a 1/16.
Subscribed here to look for advises since in the US these models are more spread around than in Italy.
Byyeeee
Old 06-29-2020, 07:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Default new to site, lots of rc time over the years

Just a quick hello. Looking to get into sedans again. Thinking of a m08 concept with the vw van body. Doing lots of reading here and catching up on whats new out there.

Good to meet all you folks
Old 06-30-2020, 02:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Newbie from MA

Hi All, New to RC,bought a Traxxas E Revo 1/16 VXL first, then bought a Losi Tenacity DB Pro. Took the DB out the other day for a run, this is gonna be fun. Have done some upgrades and getting ready to tear it down and replace the bearings with ACER ceramics. Trying to sell the E Revo N.I.B. with upgrades but not getting much attention.
Thatís all I have, thanks for having me.
Uncle Pete
Old Yesterday, 05:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Greetings all,

I'm Tom, looking forward to chatting with you all and learning as I go. Like many, I'm sure, I have had a lot more free time than usual over the last few months. I've thought about getting into RC on and off for years, but for whatever reason I never took the dive. I'm looking for anyone's opinions, suggestions, ideas, etc.

So far I'm looking at a truck - something that can romp over rough-ish terrain or play in some rocks. Something I can take with me into the desert and have some fun with. I want something I can build and modify - I think that would be half the fun right there. Tinkering with suspension, tires, whatever. I want something decently large, but within a modest budget if possible. I realize in the future I may fall deep down a hole and spend more than is reasonable, but for starters I'm hoping to get something I can play with for a few hundred bucks. But, Googling has not sufficiently narrowed it down for me, and that's probably one of the things that keeps me from pulling the trigger. There's a whole lot of shit out there.

Can anyone recommend good starter kits, or tell me if it's better to go part by part and just build it as I go? Any brands that stand out above the rest?

Thanks,
Tom