Like Tree52Likes

If your new and want to say hi, post it here

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 06:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Welcome people

Originally Posted by CalgaryPT
Hi all. Newbie here from Calgary. I'm actually am not an airplane.........
Good luck with your build. Sounds like a fun project.

Instead of having a plan and not winging it, I might suggest just go for it and see what happens.

freaksofnature likes this.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey, my name's Sophie and I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing, just hoping to learn more about rc building + tech!
Old 06-16-2019, 11:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by sopl33
Hey, my name's Sophie and I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing, just hoping to learn more about rc building + tech!
Also hoping for a bit of help with my current car lol
Old 06-16-2019, 01:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Welcome. First, try to search the forum using the name of the vehicle you have to see if there are existing threads that can help. If you don't find any, post a new thread here in the Rookie section with the brand & model of the vehicle you have and what issues you are running into...
Dave_S likes this.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

if all else fails you can ask here. It gets weird there though.
https://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lo...l#post15466678
freaksofnature likes this.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave_S
if all else fails you can ask here. It gets weird there though.
https://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lo...l#post15466678
dave weird isnt the word for it. Ive seen almost everything in that thread.
Dave_S likes this.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

This link might be a good resource to use..Electric RC info, how-tos and such - TJinTech
Old 06-20-2019, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hi All,
Just made a thread to introduce myself that didn't post and then see this thread.
I recently pulled my Kyosho ST-RR out of hibernation. Last time I ran at a small but fun track near me was in 2012. I've been googling stuff for about a month to get back into RC and this community has helped a lot without knowing on some decisions so I figured I would join the community of those that are about RC as I really want to get into it and possibly get into racing next year. I even got my wife a 1/16 E-REVO she picked out to get her into RC. God willing this will be our first weekend out after my recent order from Amain arrives today so she can learn to drive and I can see if this old Nova N21BF Limited is still what I remember it to be. I have a new Nova Rolling with the Nova 41021/9901 combo to go in and start getting ready to start practicing at tracks. I live in NYC and know that Barnstormers in Chester,NY is probably the closest for me to start practicing at being about 1hr and 45mins away. A recent talk with one of the guys at the nearest hobby shop also let me know of LCRC in PA and google showed me one in CT that are both over 2hrs away. Happy to be getting back into RC and grateful for this forum.
Well that's a little bit about me and why I'm here.

Regards,
CJ
freaksofnature and Dave_S like this.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Galatians2 20
Hi All,
Just made a thread to introduce myself that didn't post and then see this thread.
I recently pulled my Kyosho ST-RR out of hibernation. Last time I ran at a small but fun track near me was in 2012. I've been googling stuff for about a month to get back into RC and this community has helped a lot without knowing on some decisions so I figured I would join the community of those that are about RC as I really want to get into it and possibly get into racing next year. I even got my wife a 1/16 E-REVO she picked out to get her into RC. God willing this will be our first weekend out after my recent order from Amain arrives today so she can learn to drive and I can see if this old Nova N21BF Limited is still what I remember it to be. I have a new Nova Rolling with the Nova 41021/9901 combo to go in and start getting ready to start practicing at tracks. I live in NYC and know that Barnstormers in Chester,NY is probably the closest for me to start practicing at being about 1hr and 45mins away. A recent talk with one of the guys at the nearest hobby shop also let me know of LCRC in PA and google showed me one in CT that are both over 2hrs away. Happy to be getting back into RC and grateful for this forum.
Well that's a little bit about me and why I'm here.

Regards,
CJ
there is also dirt runners on weldon rd in jefferson nj. I know they run off road and dirt oval in the summer and fall and run indoor off road and on road in the winter. There also bumps and jumps and trains are lanes in pa
Old 06-21-2019, 12:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated
Old 06-26-2019, 09:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Having fun building up some older cars/trucks as I get back into RC with my son

Alright, I'm new to track driving and haven't driven RC since 2006. About a year ago I got the itch to get some of my old junk going again. Duratrax nitro evader ST, traxxas jato, and some exceed hobbies nitro 4wd buggy. My first project was the exceed. Converted it to electric with the driveline from a MP9 that a buddy gave me. Ran it on 4s, which was pointless but fast as heck. Parked that and started working on the Jato and the evader. As of today I have converted the evader into a 2wd 17.5 stock buggy that rips at the indoor clay track I like to run at. That car was easy compared to the work I did on the jato...I made it into a short course truck. Still setting up the chassis but it is a ton of fun. My kid runs a b5m that i never need to do anything to, it just works and keeps going. I was given, awhile ago, a 22-4 and last night I finally got it sitting on 4 wheels as a truggy! I'll post Pics as soon as I'm allowed to.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Howdy

New to the site, and am happy to be here. I race sct, 2wd buggy, ebuggy, and bash a scx10. Looking to pick up a cheap 4s lipo from here✌️
Old 06-27-2019, 04:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Hi all! New to the site and getting back into rc

I've been building a few cars with my 9 year old son. He has a b5m. I'm almost done with converting a 22-4 into a truggy. I'm running a jato I converted into an electric short course truck, and a 2wd 17.5 buggy I built from a duratrax nitro evaded ST. I've also been learning how to paint bodies. I did all the bodies we are running, and have started doing some for others.
Old 07-03-2019, 03:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Newb here..got a bundle deal with 7 RC combination of offroad and street cars. Going to ask a lot of questions. Already found an answer about steering problem...a servo?
Old 08-09-2019, 10:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks for add

Raced over 20 years ago, going to retire soon and thought I would do it again. So much has changed!!! My predicament is there is a track in town 20 minutes away that seems to race 1/8. I am trying to get a very complete list of what they do race. This track races during spring and summer. Another track about an hour away race 1/10 during the fall and winter. Of course just starting i would rather have one car for all but then again I don't want to be the only one on the track. I am looking for advice even though I am waiting on all the facts to make my decision. I am leaning towards a 1/8 e buggy at this time and could use some suggestions.
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.