If your new and want to say hi, post it here >

If your new and want to say hi, post it here

Like Tree52Likes

If your new and want to say hi, post it here

Old 07-31-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

Hello to everyone. Just getting back into the hobby. Before i was a noob and im still a noob! My days of racing motorcycles,atvs,snowmobiles and cars are pretty much over with because of congestive heart failure. How ever, because of the awesome hobby of rc i still got something i can enjoy and love to do. I got lots of questions and want to learn...hoping not to sound to crazy! This is an awesome site you guys got going on and a lot of talented members...im glad i joined! Thanks in advance...Jimmy Lauri.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey all,

Back into RC after a 15-20 year break... I'm amazed at how technology has changed the hobby. I'm currently building a runner gold pan RC10 that I hope to race in the near future. Hoping it will be competitive with the new B4s!
Old 08-06-2012, 08:12 AM
Tech Initiate

hi everybody! this looks fun!
Old 08-06-2012, 09:55 AM
huh
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hello,

My name is Jon and I live in Northern California & Nevada.
Been into RC cars since forever, Tamiya Frog, Fox, etc. Raced a little in high school with a Kyosho Ultima Pro. Had a lot of fun back then and now getting back into it. Still learning a lot about the new to me stuff like brushless, 2.4ghz, lipo, etc. I am getting a Kyosho RB5 SP2 WC and that's where I am starting at. Always enjoyed Kyosho's stuff. Seems my local track is NorCal Hobbies in Union City, so I hope so meet some people there eventually.

Jon
Old 08-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Tech Rookie

hi everybody!!
i came back to rc after 15 yr out of it.
my gf gave a maisto tech mustang 1:24 die-cast and that made me to dug out my old tamiya lunchbox that i'm repairing right now.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey all....new to the form...new to RC. an audio engineering apprentice in the south jersey area, and i just got my hands on an hpi sprint 2 drift to mess with, but i do have my sights on scale 4x4, crawling, and more importantly, off road racing. there are so many classes, i'm not sure which direction to go in. being a beginner, i can pretty much rule out 2wd sct, but that still leaves an array of choices. any suggestions? and
Old 08-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default hi guys, new to the forum

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I'm from Alabama.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:26 AM
Tech Adept

Hello, I am new to here. Just got back into RC cars, and am currently waiting on my HPI E10 Drift to arrive from tower. Hope to have some good times on these forums xD
Old 08-18-2012, 08:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Hey RCTech folks!

Not new to RC's but new to the site and above all, new to racing

I built my Tamiya Grasshoper when I was 10, boy I still regret the abuse I put that guy through, I could have have worked for Tamiya as a durability tester. Followed that up with the Hornet (Yeah Baby!) Oh, those were the days, anyway, my children are 8 and 9 now and I've had my son bashing various Traxxas products around the yard for several years. We build them together, wreck them together (mostly him), and repair them together (that's the best part). Recently he has taken to off road racing and I know absolutley nothing about that so like all smart people I Google everything I don't know about, and more often than not wind up here at RCTECH. So I thought I may as well join, and I appreciate being part of the community! So thanks in advance and see you all around the forums.

Brian
Old 08-21-2012, 11:10 PM
Suspended

I'm new to the forums, what's up everybody?
Old 08-22-2012, 07:01 PM
Tech Addict

huggy bear!!!!! what happened to you! pmed!
Old 08-22-2012, 07:06 PM
Tech Addict

It's the URC invasion! LOL lately I've been seeing a lot of urc members on rctech
Old 08-29-2012, 08:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Hey guys, new to this forum, just thought I'd say hi.

Hey, sup?

I've been into RC for probably 3 years? I made an account over here a while back, but I never bothered to post anything. I have been mainly on ultimaterc.com for the past couple years, but I thought I'd check out the scene over here. so far it looks pretty cool.

I have an array of crazy projects that I've done over the years... Here's a list with the youtube links if you care to see them

Project toygrade: my first real RC project. it was the 3rd vehicle I owned, beside a nitro SCT and an exceed blaze.

First look and first ever drive:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

First time on 8.4... blowing the motor:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last video, and only one with the bigger motor:
+ YouTube Video

Project Streetpede This was a free Roller that was missing a few parts, and I decided to make it a speed runner.

First Drive:
+ YouTube Video

Update Running XL-5 and Lipo:
+ YouTube Video

Update With a serious Brushed motor combo in it:
+ YouTube Video

Nothing new to the car, but new camera:
+ YouTube Video

Project Mix-N-Match This thing is a frankenstein'd RC. It's got Exceed, Traxxas, kyosho, losi, and HPI in it.

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

And more to come!

I have also had a few just plain old store bought RCs... here's the list

Exceed Nitro Rally monster: It was my first RC. I liked it a lot. It really got me into the hobby. My parents doubted that I'd like it, and I knew I would. I drove that thing into the ground. It sucked in over 16 gallons of fuel and went through 3 engines without any serious breakage! Sadly I never made a video of it.

Exceed Blaze: this little guy was $40 shipped on another forum, so I couldn't resist. I bought it, and never regretted it. This was my first Electric RC. I drove it on old janky Nimhs and NiCd packs made for vehicles twice it's size, just cut up and reformed.
+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

Traxxas Monster Jam: Max-D (stampede) This truck was a christmas present. I Have driven it in creek beds, on 2 backyard tracks, legit tracks, dirt bike trails, and just about anywhere else you could imagine.
+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

So, hello, Glad to be here, and I hope you enjoyed my little autobiography. Any Q's? just ask!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Tech Addict

What happened to toygrade? Tore it down?
Old 08-29-2012, 09:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Welcome to rctech. Nice little story.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.