Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
If your new and want to say hi, post it here >

If your new and want to say hi, post it here

Like Tree9Likes

If your new and want to say hi, post it here

Old 06-18-2018, 10:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi all,

I'm new around here and hoping to gain some more RC knowledge from the other members around here.

Thanks
Old 06-18-2018, 02:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello!

New here, new to RC hobby in general so I've never done RC racing before. Thinking this could be a fun new hobby for me and something my 2 young sons might enjoy as well once they get a little older.

I live in Northeast Ohio, far east suburbs of Cleveland (Mentor, Painesville area for those familiar). I found this site when my search for tracks nearby led to The Gate, and their site led me here for rules/information on the wgt-r class.

Currently just trying to avoid that beginners paralysis where you don't know what to do so you just don't do anything, ya know? Trying to make some decisions to get started - new or used, on road or off road, what class to start with, what equipment to buy first, etc. Only thing I know for sure is I'm only considering electric.

Well enough about me. Hope to learn some stuff from you guys around here. Hello again and thanks!
Old 06-18-2018, 05:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi I'm new here, I've had rc cars for a while and over the years my collection has got bigger, I don't race them I just like to take them out for a blast around the garden or a car park. Recently added a few more cars to my collection and still got a few to come. Feel free to look at my gallery. Thanks
John
UK
Old 06-24-2018, 01:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello! Was referred here by someone over in r/rccars.
Getting back into it after 15+ years. Lots to get my head wrapped around.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Default hello from stelios

Hello to all,i am stelios and i am from greece.i have a sakura d4 rwd with many upgrades.i also have a sakura d3 which i am currently rebuilding for cs just for fun.i hope i can share my drift moments with you in the future!thanks for reading!
Old 07-08-2018, 11:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Default New to the RC Community

Corrupted here, just wanted to drop in and say hello. I just posted a rather long thread as well about upgrades pending. Hope to talk to you all soon!
Old 07-15-2018, 10:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi there,i am new here and would like to know when can i post URL in my own post or thread?Thanks
Old 07-22-2018, 11:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Gi'day!
New to the forum so nice to see you all
I have a family of four who have all been getting into RC recently as a way to spend time together.
We started in '15 with Rock Crawlers, and got the need for speed, starting small with TT-02's, More recently M-05, M-07 & 3Racing's MG-Evo.
We recently visited the AOC event in Melbourne, Australia where we picked up the M-07 Concept from the team at SpeedyRC.com.au. Dad (myself) decided he totally wanted an X-Ray T4 so he\I :s can have a crack at competitive racing

Glad to have joined and hopefully we can get some good info out of ya'all.

Cheers
Mahjik likes this.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Mason Reynolds

Hello,
I am mason and new to this forum. help me to find such new activities over here
Thaks
Old 08-08-2018, 04:34 PM
Tech Addict

Hello All, I'm kinda new... I'm coming back after 10+ years away... lol I am looking to get back in to racing (Slowly)... I live in Old Bridge, NJ and am willing to travel 1 - 1 1/2 hours to race... I would love to race 1/18th micros indoors... As far as 1/10th... I'm not sure which way would be best to go (Offroad vs Onroad) as far as availability to run indoor in winter and outdoor in summer... I loved running my TA B4 I think it was... Also had the truck version.. T4? I'm also contemplating starting off with one of TA's Club Racer Kits...
Thoughts...?

Any information would be greatly appreciated... Thanks.
Old 08-19-2018, 02:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey, I'm new here. Looking at picking up my first proper RC car so thought I'd join up for some pre and post purchase advice!
Old 08-20-2018, 03:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by stu.artd View Post
Hey, I'm new here. Looking at picking up my first proper RC car so thought I'd join up for some pre and post purchase advice!
Welcome to the forum!
Old 08-23-2018, 08:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi all, Tony here.

Got really sucked into this. Years ago I got an RC helicopter. Smashed it a few times, repaired it, smashed & repaired, realized I wasn't figuring it out. Man, flying a helicopter, even in the garage, is tough! A few months ago I decided a plane might be fun, so I went to a hobby store to check things out and came back with a Dromida MT 4.18 (brushed). Thought it could be fun to introduce the kids (2 years & 4 years) to the hobby.

Ended up dropping another few hundred on upgrades for the truck and realized how much I'm really enjoying the hobby. After talking with one of the guys at work, he pointed me here, and here I am. I was trying to figure out if I should get a racer/buggy or a basher ala Traxxas. After talking with this guy at work (a racer), I'm thinking a basher for me for now but now I'm torn: Traxxas or Arrma.
Old 08-24-2018, 07:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello to all, I donít know how I stumbled across this forum. I am glad I found it, as many before me I too have been away for a loooooong time. Great forum, great info, looking forward to being a part of it.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Welcome!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service