Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
If your new and want to say hi, post it here >

If your new and want to say hi, post it here

Like Tree52Likes

If your new and want to say hi, post it here

Old 12-10-2015, 10:14 AM
Tech Rookie

hello everybody! new here to the forums!

my name is rcnut, and im an rc addict lol. im on multiple forums including:

hpisavageforum
rcsparks
ecxforum
URC
coxengine forum
and ive been on:
RCNT
arrmaforum
rcforum(a very small one)

anyway, I hope to get to know all of you, and have some fun! I already see some familiar faces
Old 12-10-2015, 10:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello,
I'm brand new and looking forward to revitalizing some off road cars that I recently picked up. Hoping someone can help me piece together some of the equipment to get one of the cars running.
Dan
Old 12-11-2015, 07:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Back again

Back into the hobby, ran some small Nitros 20 years ago or so, just ordered the Traxxas X Maxx for some outdoor fun, but want to get into a short course car that can win races.

Speaking of that, we need a course in RI ? An outdoor dirt, and indoor dirt, something!!

Anyone interested in teaching an old dog new tricks, and maybe finding some usable land somewhere in RI to get a course going ?????

I'm not THAT old 41 , i look like 25 most times, ha ha... maybe...

Anyways, the name's Brian, would like to meet some RC enthusiasts to get me going...
Old 12-15-2015, 12:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hey there

New to the site, so dropping in to say hi lol. Kind of crazy I feel like I'm raising a necro thread with the first post being 3yrs old.

Anyways, I recently picked up a 1/8 scale for myself and a 1/10 for my fiancé, and since I'm jumping into electric for the first time, decided to check things out and learn some things. I have experience running 1/10 nitro (redcat-shockwave's) but those are in storage and i needed something for the here and now lol. My daily driver weighs in at 80k so I don't get to see home very often.

My 1/8 scale is a team c t8e v3, that looks to have some modifications to it, haven't been able to track anything down about it as I bought it used and at an rc store up in Idaho. My fiancé has the kyosho ultima rb6 rolling shell that we will put together as time allows, so I'll be interested in learning about some setups in another thread.

Anyways, hello and I hope my time here is knowledgeable and fun!
-Rob
Old 12-16-2015, 07:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hey there,
Like a lot of others, been out of rc for 10 plus yrs. Had, and still have, three fully operational savages built from mild to 3 g's wild. Came across this site totally by accident, but a good accident. There's more knowledge and good information here than any hobby/recreation site I've seen. More good deals than you can shake a stick at on the for sale/trade forum too! I've built some nice truggies for myself off of those good deals as well. If you have any questions at all, about anything rc related, the best answers can be found here! I've learned a lot in a very short amount of time by going over threads of my interests. A lot of my questions have already been asked and answered, so it's easy to spot the guys who know what their talking about and the ones who don't. Looking forward to learning a lot more from you guys! Anyways, thought I should post something here and I did.
Thanks
Old 12-25-2015, 08:09 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys ,
I just joined the forums tonight. I'm trying to decide on my first RC purchase. I'm definitely drawn to monster trucks so I'm split between the Emaxx Brushless and Erevo Brushless. I'm just going to bash around the yard so I want something fast and durable. Then there's the Stampede 4x4 VXL which has been recommended to me since I'm a complete rookie. Decisions , decisions.

Anyway , I'm happy to be here and to learn as much as I can.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey everyone! Finally getting back into RC now that I've got some extra spending money. Purchased a used Xray T4 off eBay and it should be here monday. I plan on running VTA class so I have a few questions! Feel free to shoot me a PM if this isn't an appropriate place for these recommendation questions

1) good battery and charger for VTA class. I'd like to make the charger a one time purchase, and am willing to pay a little extra for something nice. VTA batteries must be 7.4v and no more than 5000 mah. It'd be nice if i could find a battery that falls within these requirements and could possibly be used later on down the road in faster classes.

2) tool kit recommendations

3) spare part recommendations for 2013 Xray T4

4) any other recommendation for a noob that's eager to learn

Thanks all
Old 01-06-2016, 03:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default new to rctech

Hi, I'm new to rctech. I race and bash my rc's. When I first got back to rc I bought a mini revo, and than a Monster truck. Than I found a local track and found 2wd buggies was my favorite class. RC'S been apart of my life since the 80's. I never raced them but I wish I had. It's so much fun to see your rc get airborne and land a perfect jump. I guess what I'm trying to say is once you get a taste of rc it will always entice you to try new types of rc's. So far I have 3 of them and still having fun.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hello all I'm new to the forum and pretty new to RC I've played with my little brothers 2wd slash for quite some time now finally decided to get my own. I ended up deciding on buying a TLR 22 SCT 2.0 racing kit and build it myself from the ground up. This gave me the knowledge I need for the future to fix and make decisions. I'm glad I didn't was a lot of fun and it up spending more money than I planned on but the end result is awesome.

I made this build primarily to start racing in the stock class which is the largest at my local track as well as some light bashing or backyard track practice. The truck handles amazing I was so surprised how well I handle compared to my brothers slash, I'm very excited to get better at driving.

Feedback is welcome along with any tips on what to upgrade next or set up sheets .

----------------------

Build: TLR 22SCT 2.0 kit

Electronics:
- Tekin RS Gen 2
- Trinity D4 17.5t
- Spektrum SRS4210 & DX4C
- Savox SC1258TG ( May switch to spectrum S6040)
- Trinity RevTech 5000mah Lipo shorty (racing) & 7150mah full size pack (practice/bashing)
- All black soldered wiring

Gearing:
- 76T 48P Spur
- 26T Pinion

Exotek Extras: yellow
- Alum vented motor mount
- Alum camber block
- Alum steering rack
- Alum shock perch & ring
- CF battery strap
- Ti turnbuckles

Wheels:
- Stock wheels w/ Proline Holeshots (blue)
- Speedline buggy style wheels w/ JConcepts Barcodes (gold)

--------------------

Pics:

My fist solder job

[URL=http://s91.photobucket.com/user/sml238/media/RC/IMG_0005_zpsxcsexuy4.jpg.html][/

Last edited by lyons238; 01-06-2016 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Default what's up

Hey guys! So I recently bought a slash 2wd with 45a turnigy track star esc and 3000kv brushless motor running on 7.4v 5200mah 2s lipo and have become absolutely addicted with the rc world! I took the old beat up and spray painted slash body off and got my ram 1500 body, took the wheels off a bass pro shop raptor truck which are low profile mud tires on 4" rim that work amazing! They are light weight and get great traction. I ended up buying a team associated rc10t3 for my fiancé and she loves it. She wanted a dodge truck body but we couldn't find any makers of dodge for that model so she ended up getting the ford raptor body and we painted hers metallic purple with hot pink accents and trim which I have to admit is pretty cool! haha. If I can figure out how I'll post pics to the forum. But just wanted to introduce myself and my rig. Lol thanks!
Old 01-14-2016, 02:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Guys

been on a 10 years hiatus from this great hobby, coming back to life with a mp777 kit and a few questions about that and the RC in general.

(will post in the relevant places)

i hope everything is fine with all of you !

Old 01-20-2016, 02:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello,
I'm about to start with the hobby, planning to buy my first car very soon. In the months until then I'm going to research on the net equipment and techniques needed. This is by far not easy.

I was very surprised how difficult it is to find reliable and well founded information so far. (And I have plenty of experience finding information I need online.) My plan is to start a couple of threads asking detailed beginner questions and then consolidate the results in a thread documenting developing a basic entry kit.
Old 01-26-2016, 04:29 PM
Tech Rookie

got into the hobby like 7-8 years ago with a trashed losi xxt that my uncle helped fix for me year later broke it couldn't find parts and put in the basement, 4 years later basement floods. last Christmas i got what i have today
Old 02-02-2016, 09:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Red face New to RCTech.

i used play a lot r/c few years ago. i stopped playing for last 18 months. now i want get back to it. time to get them out of the boxes and playing again soon.

so i will be checking around, posting or replying some.

i like off-road racing for fun also going on crawling with axial trucks. hope i can race my stock buggy and sct more often nowadays.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:00 PM
Tech Rookie

New here. I bought a DF-02 Gravel Hound for my son, and a TT-02b Dual Ridge for myself this past christmas. His first "real" RC car, and the first one I have had since I was a kid myself. Have not done a lot of mods on the Dual Ridge yet, other than swap out the Torque tuned for a Sport tuned, and replaced all of the crappy plastic bushings with sealed metal bearings.

On the DF-02, also threw in a Sport tuned motor, and upgraded the shocks with oil filled damper shock as well as replaced the front shock tower with an aluminum one. The car handles soon much better with the improved shocks and aluminum shock tower. Unbelievable difference.

Also running Proline Dirt Hawg tires on both rigs, which so far seem to be a good all around tire for running on the street and around the yard.

Anyway, just looking to for a place to learn more and get answers to questions.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.