Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
If your new and want to say hi, post it here >

If your new and want to say hi, post it here

Like Tree31Likes

If your new and want to say hi, post it here

Old 12-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by roadrashracing View Post
If you are new to the hobby or new to the site and would like introduce yourself, post it here.
hi everyone, I am new at all this and I recently rebuilt my hpi blitz I also just bought a team associated sc102wd rtr. I was told that I need to change the diff fluid in my blitz but I don't know how was wondering if some one might be kind enough to post a video from start to finish... please!!! I have looked on youtube but I cant find it anywhere. I don't even know how to get to the diff thanks alot
Old 12-08-2013, 07:47 PM

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Welcome to all the new people.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kizzblizz View Post
hi everyone, I am new at all this and I recently rebuilt my hpi blitz I also just bought a team associated sc102wd rtr. I was told that I need to change the diff fluid in my blitz but I don't know how was wondering if some one might be kind enough to post a video from start to finish... please!!! I have looked on youtube but I cant find it anywhere. I don't even know how to get to the diff thanks alot
the diff is located in the trans. you remove the trans from the chassis and there should be 3 screws holding the 2 trans case half together remove the screws and the case should pop apart. the largest gear you see is gona be the diff. hope this helps. you can also down load the manual from hpi. also check out rcshortcourse.com for more help
Old 12-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by freaksofnature View Post
the diff is located in the trans. you remove the trans from the chassis and there should be 3 screws holding the 2 trans case half together remove the screws and the case should pop apart. the largest gear you see is gona be the diff. hope this helps. you can also down load the manual from hpi. also check out rcshortcourse.com for more help
thankyou for your help
Old 12-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

New to the forum...getting into 4x4 sct racing and looking for info. great forum so far.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:40 AM
Tech Rookie

hai, I'm new to the forum... great forum here....
got quite a lot of info from here....

Cheers,,,
Old 12-12-2013, 02:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Default New member & RC-less for past ~18yrs

Sayin' hello for my first post as a new member here on RC tech. I haven't been into RC since my mid teen years. Had a Kyosho stadium truck back in the mid '90s and recently had an itch to get another one. Likely I'll be picking up an AE RC10T4.2 rtr to toy around with. But I'm stuck on this new LiPo battery business and trying to figure it out. Have not a clue which battery to get for that truck If anyone would like to fill me in on this and/or make suggestions, that would be appreciated.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:52 AM
Tech Rookie

You know how you may or may not be a rookie? I mean, I have had an RC for several years now, seems I spent more time working on it than running it. Didn't have a track or anyone to help with advice and such. Well I have broken out the old Nitro truck and got it running again, finally broke in that new engine I had put in a few year back. Converted to brushless on my slash, and bought a Associated B4 in pieces... Spent as much on parts to get it together as if I had just bought a new B4.2 kit, but that's just bitterness talking.

Anyway, looking forward to learning things I should have known a long time ago. Got a track close to me and as soon as I have the B$ put together, going to go meet some racers and learn a bit.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi, I'm new and I'm starting to get into rc cars. My first was an Exceed Rc Driftstar.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:33 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default just saying hello

Hi my names Chris and I used to race/ drive a turmoil pro and bashed a jammin truggy...I sold everything a few yrs back... now realizing how stupid that was looking at the prices of some of this stuff now...anyhow I got a kyosho mp9 and looking forward to ripping up the track... if there's any left around..
Old 12-21-2013, 09:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi Everyone. *waves*

I'm a mom but still a girl who loves to play outside. I'm happily married to our son's dad, a boy who loves to play outside too.

~
I live not North enough of Southern California.
~

I enjoy the outdoors, hiking, camping, traveling, adventure, and exploring new or rediscovering previously visited places. I drag the family out of bed in the middle of the night to watch meteor showers. Load up the van with creature comforts and head off to the local mountains where the city lights don't interfere.

~
Bought our two sons each a 1/10 scale Traxxis Slash, one has since upgraded to brushless after the factory installed Titan blew, which, I'm sorry to say didn't take long.

~
Love RC cars but barely afford 2 son's hobby. I am considering getting 4 mini RC's to race and bash with the boys as a family thing while they recharge or wait to repair their 1/10 scale cars.

~

Aside from RC, I like driving my real car and will sneak in an occasional brody in the dessert or on a wide dirt road if given half a chance. Spent a lot of time in my uncle's Baja Bug, 4 wheeling in an old jeep, and grew up on mini dirt bikes. Give me a quick five speed manual stick for the paved mountain roads and a 4x4 CJ7 with a roll bar for off road and I'm a happy camper.

TMI brought to you by ~Deb.

Last edited by DerbyDeb; 12-21-2013 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Meant to start with a greeting.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Moved.

Last edited by ugamurph; 12-27-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Been out since I wrecked my Tamiya Superhornet back in 2000, now Im getting back in, I have 2 micro losi scts and an Ecx Circuit for my sons and Im thinking of getting a 2wd sct for myself while staring at an old broke down Duratrax Raze I was given.....not sure where to go from here lol.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi! :P I'm from South Africa and I new to the forum but not to R/C Nitro. I know nothing about Electric R/C cars I'm still a total noob with electric I love Nitro and electric but I just haven't had the time to go check out some electric trucks. I have been doing Nitro for about 3 years now and I still think I qualify as a rookie. I recently got me a manic and I love it I am collecting the schumacher trucks now. My first truck was a Nanda Raptor and after a few gearbox problems I decided to convert it to single speed and oh boy was that a fun truck. I decided to sell the Raptor for a few bucks and then I waited a few months and then I got me the Schumacher Havoc with a few upgrades and it was the best thing I have done its one of the most reliable trucks I have ever used its a monster. Then I got my manic a few weeks ago and this thing goes like hell it runs the havoc to a stand still in a straight line and around a track though the manic wouldn't do so good on a bash as the havoc does I have noticed that a few times already xD.

Thank you for reading and I'm very happy to be part of the community Any south african R/C fans please feel free to P.M to arrange a bash or a race
Old 12-29-2013, 07:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello,

New guy that got out of the sport in 1995 and thinking about getting back into racing again. Starting to look around and do some research on what to buy. I figured I'd get a 1/10 offroad buggy since that's what I raced last but that doesn't seem to be popular in my area. It appears that 1/8 electric is the new ticket so trying to catch up my reading on cars, ESC, radio, batt, motor, etc..

Any threads with a quick rundown of what's legal currently to run in each class?

Back to searching and reading..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.