xray 808

Old 03-14-2012, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default xray 808

I tried looking but couldn't find anything with google but I bought an 808 a while back and it was used so I'm not sure which year it was. I trashed my center gears and when I went to the hobby shop, the guy said I need to know which year it was but couldn't help me with how to identify it. Could anyone here help me with this?
Old 03-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Tech Regular

I cant say for sure, but im pretty sure the guys in this thread can help you find out
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...ray-808-a.html
Old 03-21-2012, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

One way to identify the year would be to check the front and rear driveshafts. If they slide over the pinion gear shaft outside the diff case and you can see the setscrews, it should be an '08/09 model. In '10 they buried the driveshaft and pin inside the pinion gear and stacked 3 bearings over it inside the diff case. In '11 they went to 2 bearings on the pinion gear instead.

The center diff gears are one of the few things that I don't think has changed.