Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Just getting back into the sport >

Just getting back into the sport

Just getting back into the sport

Old 03-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Just getting back into the sport

I just picked up a Losi XXX SCT for a pretty good deal. They threw in a Lipo battery for free with the purchase of the truck.

Just wondering what mods you all suggest to do to this truck to make it a better truck to race and drive.

I have been out of the sport for about 15 years and a lot has changed since I use to race all the time.

Any help you all could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Lawfish
I just picked up a Losi XXX SCT for a pretty good deal. They threw in a Lipo battery for free with the purchase of the truck.

Just wondering what mods you all suggest to do to this truck to make it a better truck to race and drive.

I have been out of the sport for about 15 years and a lot has changed since I use to race all the time.

Any help you all could provide would be greatly appreciated.
definetly titanium turnbuckles, threaded shocks and ball diff thats all the best first stuff to get for sure if you want to start racing and are u wanting opinions on electronics as well?
Old 03-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Thanks for the tips. Yeah I will take any advice I can get right now. I am looking at a Spektrum DX2S radio that comes with the SR3300T receiver with all the telemetry goodies right now.

I also just purchased a Associated SCT that has a Trinity 17.5T brushless motor with a MambMax Pro ESC. This truck was setup to race already it just needs a radio/receiver and battery. I know if I buy the DX2S radio that I can bind the receiver that is in the Losi because it already had a Spektrum SR3000 receiver in it.

Looking forward to getting this all out on the track. I took the Losi out yesterday to an indoor track and boy am I rusty. Driving these short course trucks are not like driving the buggies I used to drive.