Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need helo with valve needle settings

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Okay i took the Air Filter Off, Turned the HSN 1 turn out, Held the throttle all the way open and blew in the fuel pressure line and it worked amazingly well! I really appreciate all the help that I have gotten from everyone on this website!!! All i have to do now is tune it. It will start and run for just a second. i had it running while at about 1/4 throttle and it dies after about 10-20 seconds. going back out now to tune and see what I can come up with, just wanted to let you know that it is starting now.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Miketuck12
Okay i took the Air Filter Off, Turned the HSN 1 turn out, Held the throttle all the way open and blew in the fuel pressure line and it worked amazingly well! I really appreciate all the help that I have gotten from everyone on this website!!! All i have to do now is tune it. It will start and run for just a second. i had it running while at about 1/4 throttle and it dies after about 10-20 seconds. going back out now to tune and see what I can come up with, just wanted to let you know that it is starting now.
Mike, now you need to tune the HSN back to where it should be. Opening it 1 turn was simply to ensure there was fuel passing at the top needle. Opening the throttle opened the bottom needle completely.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by blis
Mike, now you need to tune the HSN back to where it should be. Opening it 1 turn was simply to ensure there was fuel passing at the top needle. Opening the throttle opened the bottom needle completely.
Yes I made sure to put the HSN back to where it was. And its not starting. I can get it to crank a few times but the right away it dies. It will only stay running if i hold the throttle wide open. Does this sound like a weak glow plug?
Old 03-15-2012, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

If you have somewhere i can send a video to, i can record exactly what it is doing on my phone and send it to me. Send it PM though. don't want anything out in the open
Old 03-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Miketuck12
If you have somewhere i can send a video to, i can record exactly what it is doing on my phone and send it to me. Send it PM though. don't want anything out in the open
A fresh glow plug is always a good idea when problem solving.

I'd lean the LSN a little more.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

Okay I got it running. I didn't have my temp gun yet so I was doing the spit test. It took a good 5-7 seconds for the spit to disappear. It was NOT sizzling or anything like that. I was running it about 1/4 throttle and it stopped. Went to crank it up and it had no compression. I pulled the head off of it and the piston has a hole in the top of it. What would cause that?