Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
HPI nt2 question (rookie) >

HPI nt2 question (rookie)

HPI nt2 question (rookie)

Old 03-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Default HPI nt2 question (rookie)

hey guys i had a quick question about my HPI nt2 nitro. so, i was running my truck earlier and its the first time its been run in a few months but it ran good, and i just installed a new roto start system in correctly. but my problem was this, after a few tanks( mabye 1-2) my truck started making a funny noise. it wouldnt do this when i accelerated but only when i let off the throttle almost all the way to neutral, when it would decelerate the truck would make a grinding sound. does anybody know what this could be? oh, and also shoul after you run a nitro car is it normal to see a little bit of smoke coming out of the gas tank when the lid is lifted?
Old 03-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The grinding could be a number of things but I would check the clutch and the brakes.

Most RTR nitros use a simple 2-shoe clutch system that has a spring wrapped around it and they tend to go bad fast.

As for the brakes, make sure that when you're throttle trigger is neutral they aren't engaged . You may have to adjust the linkages to get this corrected.

The smoke coming from the tank is normal since nitro enginges use a pressure line from the exhaust to add pressure to the tank to facilitate flow to the carb.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Tech Initiate

alright man thanks i thought it was something like that and when i called hobbytown they said there was probably dirt in the gears, but thanks and i will take a look at that when i get home.........oh and correction its a mt2