Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
need help here guys >

need help here guys

need help here guys

Old 03-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default need help here guys

i recently got the xl5 system for my evader ext2 after it decided to go for a swim. it worked fine till the next day when it decided to only move forward with no brakes or reverse. so i instaled the xl5 esc and the titan 12t motor i got used. it worked fint untill today when i was running it. i had my lipo in and was running fine then it was all of a suddon like it was dead but my low voltage detecter wasnt going off so i checked and swiched to my nimh battery and then it did the same thing one time then stopped moving all together. i took the motor and esc out to determin the problem the esc is ok but the motor even hooked directly to a battery will not turn at all not even make an attempt to spin i tried three batteries and still nothing. any solutions out there for this?
Old 03-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by howieberry View Post
i recently got the xl5 system for my evader ext2 after it decided to go for a swim. it worked fine till the next day when it decided to only move forward with no brakes or reverse. so i instaled the xl5 esc and the titan 12t motor i got used. it worked fint untill today when i was running it. i had my lipo in and was running fine then it was all of a suddon like it was dead but my low voltage detecter wasnt going off so i checked and swiched to my nimh battery and then it did the same thing one time then stopped moving all together. i took the motor and esc out to determin the problem the esc is ok but the motor even hooked directly to a battery will not turn at all not even make an attempt to spin i tried three batteries and still nothing. any solutions out there for this?
i have no idea what that could be its never happened to me but if i was u i would jus get another motor cause trying to fix stuff like that can jus be annoying that is the brushed motor and esc from traxass i assume?
Old 03-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Tech Initiate

The motor might got dirty inside or a damaged brush.

I've fixed a traxass e-evo not very long ago with about same behavior. also titan. The motor wouldn't even run with the battery directly connected. I took it apart and found the one brush was cracked in two pieces. But what you need is a new motor.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:08 AM
Tech Regular

thanks guys hopefully this guy will trade me his slash 4x4 for my jato 3.3 wish me luck??
Old 03-02-2012, 01:06 AM
Suspended

The 12T Titan motors just don't seem very hardy from what I've seen with others. Did you break in the motor properly?
Old 03-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Tech Regular

I got the motor used so I have no idea if it was done right
Old 03-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

those motors are closed endbell mobuchi type motors that are extended so theirs nothing really u can do about it. a new motor would be better anyways
Old 03-02-2012, 10:20 PM
Tech Regular

Smile

im going to pretend i know what that is lol thanks guys