Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
New to this forum quick question >

New to this forum quick question

New to this forum quick question

Old 02-29-2012, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default New to this forum quick question

Hey guys, I am new to this forum. I am getting back into r/c trucks again and found this forum. I made a post in the off road electric section a few hours ago, but it still hasn't posted. Does anyone know how long it takes to get your post read and posted?
Old 02-29-2012, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mberta2 View Post
Hey guys, I am new to this forum. I am getting back into r/c trucks again and found this forum. I made a post in the off road electric section a few hours ago, but it still hasn't posted. Does anyone know how long it takes to get your post read and posted?
Seems that this is your first post.

You cant post pics or links for a few posts though
Old 02-29-2012, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

There weren't any pics or anything. It just said that it needed to be reviewed my a moderator and it will post later. I was just asking which SC truck to get. Hmm... I wonder why it wouldn't have posted?
Old 02-29-2012, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

well just ask the question on this thread i'm sure it will be easier that way. i would recomend gettin which ever one you like (price wise) and make sure there is parts that can be bought locally if you were planning on racing but wether or not your bashing its always good to check out parts availability
Old 02-29-2012, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

I'm torn between a Slash, SC10, Blitz, and Losi XXX. I want to stay within the $200-250 range. I am leaning towards the Losi because it comes with a Spektrum Tx when you order from Horizon Hobby. I fly all of my helis on Spektrum and I am a huge fan. I have an Airtronics MX Sport, so if I did get a Slash or SC10, I would get the cheaper one with the AM tx and just switch it out.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Early posts, until you have a decent approved post count, I believe all go through mod approval. I don't know how many is required before that goes away, but it is 10 until you can posts links/pics (since that was also brought up above).
Old 02-29-2012, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

I'm torn between a Slash, SC10, Blitz, and Losi XXX. I want to stay within the $200-250 range. I am leaning towards the Losi because it comes with a Spektrum Tx when you order from Horizon Hobby. I fly all of my helis on Spektrum and I am a huge fan. I have an Airtronics MX Sport, so if I did get a Slash or SC10, I would get the cheaper one with the AM tx and just switch it out.
so your looking to get a rtr and just switch out the receiver to the airtronics? If i were you i would go towards the sc10 (my point of view its totally up too you) because of pretty much all places have parts for the sc10 and pretty much all associated cars it comes with brushless a pretty nice mg servo, basically a really nice stock servo and it has one of the smoothest diff's for just being rite out of the box. oh and forgot to mention this but i dont think they sell the ones with am tx anymore unless ebay has them haha
Old 02-29-2012, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

What would an SC10 run me? I dont think I want to go brushless yet. I mean I want to go brushless, but I don't think the budget will allow for it right now. If it is a RTR that comes with 2.4 I will just run it that way. I just thought that if I could save some money by going with the AM tx, I would. I could always go brushless later. My LHS was showing me the new ARRMA Fury for a basher, but he said there is virtually no upgrades. That doesn't really intrigue me.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

I found SC10's at Tower Hobbies. Both come with the XP2 tx. That is an AM tx right? You can get just the truck and TX rtr, without a battery and charger for 204, and with the battery and charger for 229.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

What would an SC10 run me? I dont think I want to go brushless yet. I mean I want to go brushless, but I don't think the budget will allow for it right now. If it is a RTR that comes with 2.4 I will just run it that way. I just thought that if I could save some money by going with the AM tx, I would. I could always go brushless later. My LHS was showing me the new ARRMA Fury for a basher, but he said there is virtually no upgrades. That doesn't really intrigue me.
yah the arrma stuff is specifically bashing basically, but a rtr brushless sc10 is 250 exactly and the brushed version is only like 20 dollars less the brushless in the rtr's are equivalent to a stock 27 brushed motor brushless is just more efficient smoother and yes sometimes maybe a lil faster but i would use the mx- sport in your best car if its the 2.4ghz version thats what i run in my buggy and its awesome huge difference from the rtr radio from associated and also if u through your airtronics in it you could sell the radio and reciever out of it and get about 30-40 bucks back so all in all i would go with the sc10 but its totally up to u and your budget and like i said before the associated's have places selling parts for them basically everywhere
Old 02-29-2012, 01:34 PM
Tech Regular

Where can I get a brushless SC10 for $250? Links please. I have only found it for 300.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Where can I get a brushless SC10 for $250? Links please. I have only found it for 300.
oops my bad i forgot they disontinued the regular sc10 brushless rtr to put the sc10rs in its place then yes one of the sc10's with a xp2 radio would be best choice if your gonna through in the airtronics but are u gonna be doin any racing or just bashing?
Old 02-29-2012, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

Mostly bashing. We have a "just for fun" local track that i will play at, but 99% bashing. I always mod everything I get though, no matter what it is. haha.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

well in that case the sc10's are very durable as all of the associated cars are i think the regular sc10 rtr with the am xp2 is the best for your budget and will be the best choice for you (my point of view its totally your decision)