Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
car running backwards???? >

car running backwards????

car running backwards????

Old 02-25-2012, 09:23 PM
Tech Adept

Default car running backwards????

Hey I'm new to rc and I. Have an old duratrax that's stock. While I was driving it earlier today it stopped and went in reverse. When I push the break/ reverse it goes foward. Any ideas on what it could be?
Old 02-25-2012, 09:33 PM
Tech Regular

On your radio there should be a switch marked throttle or "th" slide it to the opposite position and you should be good.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:54 PM
Tech Adept

I tried messing with the radio and and it still does the same thing. If it helps its a brushed motor with an old tatic am radio.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:15 PM
jf+
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kornatoa View Post
I tried messing with the radio and and it still does the same thing. If it helps its a brushed motor with an old tatic am radio.
were you messing with the motor before this happened? if so, switch any two of the motor cables running to the esc.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

NOO!!! dont switch the esc to motor cables. He is running a brushed system it will fry your electronics. It has to be a radio issue, try reversing your throttle channel.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:10 AM
Tech Champion

Actually a brushed motor only has two wires, and switching them won't fry the electronics with a reversing speed control. (If it was forward only and had a Schottky diode on the motor then it would be an issue) If the motor was worked on and either the endbell or wires were switched this is likely the problem.

Other possibility as mentioned, if the radio has channel reversing capability and that was accidentally switched.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:21 AM
Tech Adept

When I reversed the throttle position switch it goes backwards with no throttle input. Could it possibly be the external capacitors on the motor?
Old 02-26-2012, 07:59 AM
Tech Champion

No to the capacitors. When you reversed the throttle channel it likely shifted your throttle trim setting. Readjust it. Might need to reset the neutral and full throttle settings on the speed control, or adjust EPA/travel on the radio, to get proper operation.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:23 AM
Tech Adept

It has the stock duratrx sprint 2 esc so I have no idea how to reset that. Once my battery pack is charged I'll try adjusting the trim on the radio.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Champion

Does it look like the ESC on page 6 of this manual? Is so there are the instructions, and some trouble shooting help following. Not a Sprint 2, but they look similar, guessing they work the same.

Evader manual with Sprint ESC setup directions

Might also explain how it got switched, not holding off for 2 seconds to avoid resetting.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:52 AM
Tech Champion

Check the addendum too:

Evader Manual Addendum

Guessing it's saying to center the throttle trim in case your radio is different.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:59 AM
Tech Adept

I reversed the trottle switch and adjusted the trim and now everything is back to where is should be. Thanks to you all for all the help! I greatly appreciate it very much.