R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone

Old 01-15-2005, 12:35 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to speedyspinout
Default my intro into 1/10 on-road electric

I'm going to be entering the world of 1/10 scale electric on-road racing and bashing, but first, I need some help so as to what to get. I have already pretty much decided to get a Team Associated TC4, MX-3 Radio, Futaba MC330R ESC, Super Brain 969 Charger, and that's it. Before I purchase batteries, motor....etc. I need some help. I don't know what does what and why? I need information so as to which batteries I should get and Why, Should I go stock or modified, What is the difference? Tires for the different tracks, any spare parts that would be good to have on hand, and any recomendations for anything that could be better than what I have already selected. Thankyou for all of you input and advice. (most of the tracks around my area are small, and I buy parts online, so availability is no problem.) I'm looking to spend approx. 500-550, depending on what my bank account looks like when I take the dive.
speedyspinout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 01:54 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

My .02 would be to buy a nice used setup from someone on here. Maybe a nice FT TC3 with spares and all kinds of good stuff. There are a BUNCH of them for sale right now. If you shop carefully, you could get (just about) every single thing you'd need to race competitively and still have money left over...or spend he rest on some decent tools (used, of course).

You can't beat getting a well-prepared and cared-for car with a big box of spares for $125...with a couple sets of tires...

FWIW, there are a TON of nice XXXS-G+ cars for sale right now for cheap and they're supposed to be really nice to drive, too.

Once you get good (or better), then worry about buying the new trick stuff.
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote