Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
revo 3.3 upgrades >

revo 3.3 upgrades

revo 3.3 upgrades

Old 02-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default revo 3.3 upgrades

hello been lurking for a couple of days reading up on stuff gonna buy my first truck this week a revo 3.3 and wanted to know what to upgrade first and what extra parts i may need right away.... my friend told me to go with rpm arms on the front right away but other than that what else should i stock up on???
Old 02-09-2012, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

★"★".`*.*★☆☆Welcome☆☆★*.* ,. "★"★

Keep a couple of glow plugs in your pit bag if this is your first nitro and the local hobby shop is more than a short walk away.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Rookie

yea true true this damn town dosent have a hobby shop anymore used to have a couple of them now the closet is at a hrs drive away
Old 02-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

I recently purchased a revo 3.3 also and have loved every minute of it

the 3.3 is a very strong, powerful engine.....i now have almost 2 qts. of odonnell 20% thru it and I am still using the glow plug that came with the truck

my back bumper is all scraped up from doing too many wheelies during takeoff

enjoy the truck!
Old 02-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Tech Rookie

awesome just bought it Wednesday just waiting on it to arrive....
Old 02-11-2012, 07:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Glow plugs are a must. Make sure you follow the break in bible, it is similar to what traxxas break-in procedures are. If you don't need reverse, I would go with the front only conversion, or the center diff (if you don't want to do wheelies). RPM is good, I just put that on my truck a couple weeks back, but it has been too cold to run. I have read the RD Racing axle carriers are more bulletproof than RPM, but they run about $50. Just make sure you read the traxxas guide and what stuff is. Research and learning how to fix is the key to this truck, because it can be a little tricky getting things apart, based on how tight everything is. Oh, and I would get a spring mounted exhaust header, I broke two of the bolt on exhaust headers in one month. It doesn't help when the truck crashes for breakage, but that should help in the long run.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Definately RPM a arms, maybe rpm axle carriers depending on how hard you beat it. exhaust coulpler breakes sometimes when you flip. MIP clutch. Metal Gear steering Servo. RPM bumpers. Steel CVDs Forward only conversion and steel spur gear

Last edited by revo3; 02-20-2012 at 03:07 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-20-2012, 05:25 PM
Tech Rookie

got the rpm arms on the front the center diff is on forward only conversion done got the steel spur gear just waiting on the steel clutch bells to com in to put them on considering the rpm True-Track Rear A-arm Conversion Kit for the rear
any recommendations on the steering servos?? currently have the 2 stock blue and black ones????
Old 03-09-2012, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thepunk88 View Post
got the rpm arms on the front the center diff is on forward only conversion done got the steel spur gear just waiting on the steel clutch bells to com in to put them on considering the rpm True-Track Rear A-arm Conversion Kit for the rear
any recommendations on the steering servos?? currently have the 2 stock blue and black ones????
The tru track arms are good to have. if you do get them they are angled toe in slightly. the stock throttle servo should last just fine. For steering Hitec 645 MG should work good. DO NOT PLUG IN THE HITEC SERVOS BACKWARDS! I burnt out two servos by doing that. You will probably have to reverse to steering servos on the controller if you get those servos. Also if you get the hitec servos you will need new servo horns. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHGB3&P=Z

Last edited by revo3; 03-10-2012 at 08:04 AM. Reason: wanted to add more info