Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Throttle hangs when driving please help! >

Throttle hangs when driving please help!

Throttle hangs when driving please help!

Old 01-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Throttle hangs when driving please help!

Befor I drive it I can press the throttle amd brake and everything works perfectly fine. But as soon as I start driving it hangs up and goes by iys self. I have even had someone take the car on the other side of my track and test it. Everything was working great but as soon as he put it down and I press the throttle it sticks.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

This sounds really odd, but I can think of 3 possible things (thinking electric, but similar types of issues could happen to nitro as well...though should be really uncommon on either).

1) Radio interference (unlikely if using a 2.4ghz, quite likely if you're not).

2) The electronics don't like being under load very much (in which case, use your warranty). To test, flip the car upside down and hold the tires (or hold a brush against them both to give more normal resistance and clean the tires in the process). Give it a little bit of throttle, and if it sticks, let go of the tires and see if it goes back to normal.

3) There is something about being in sitting track position that does it. Try compressing the suspension a bit while not on the track, and see if that triggers it. If it does, it could be some connections getting bothered by the movement in the suspension, and you just want to re-do those connections.

I don't promise it is one of those, or that there isn't a lot of other things to try as well, but that's how I'd start to rule out and narrow down an actual cause of "track only" behavior.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:06 AM
Tech Champion

Think we need more info on the type of RC and the components. Does it happen only with the throttle punched, what happens if you only use half throttle? Steering is OK? I agree it seems to some kind of overload issue.

Last edited by Dave H; 01-30-2012 at 08:39 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Default It is a cen

I have a traxxas 2.4 reciever and a jr racing servo. I didnt notive if it was half throttle or not I think it is when I hit it period.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Tech Champion

Is this a nitro? If so my wild guess is your throttle servo is overloading, pulling the voltage down, then the receiver doesn’t have enough power to operate correctly. Do you have the endpoints set so the servo is not bottomed out at full throttle? What about the receiver battery, what kind, what condition/age?

Other suspects include a damaged wire or flaky connection somewhere.