Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Uk Monster Truck Magazine Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 05:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Uk Monster Truck Magazine Kit

Can anyone please offer me some guidance and advice.

I am wanting to buy myself a nitro truck, to build and mess about with (not to race at the moment). I was hoping to buy a kit in lots of pieces and build it myself. In the uk there is a new magazine called Nitro Monster Truck 4WD which is being advertised alot on the TV. You collect the weekly magazine for 70 weeks which has a few more parts of the truck each issue and at the end you have your truck. The magazine offers advice and help on building your truck and general remote control issues. However the grand total after collecting all issue and purchasing some bits at a reduce price is £470, which is quite high.

The benefits of the magazine is payments over the 70 weeks, however, it will be a long time before i get my truck complete. Then for the money i have paid, will the final truck be worth it.

So, i would appreciate any other suggestions on how i may learn about remote control monster trucks and get myself a good truck to build. Also any comments on this magazine and if it is worth while?

Many thanks