Community
Wiki Posts
Search

great vigor products

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 03:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile great vigor products

hey guys i have been in the rc scene for a while now. i noticed that members on this forum are from all corners of the globe. i was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on great vigor products? i purchased one of their earlier subaru wrx 1/10th nitro models nearly 4 years ago and to this day it absolutely hammers along! mind you i know they are no match for a team losi, traxxas or tamiya model, just wondered if they are a well known brand. cheers brendan.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default GV - Great Vigor

Brendan, I have a couple of GV's, (Great Vigor). I think that they're generally considered 'entry level' machines, but I reckon that the build quality and engineering are pretty good. They seem pretty robustly built and have plenty of options for handling adjustments etc. I can't see any engineering shortcuts.

It's quite likely that they were marketed in other countries under other brandnames, (If anyone knows about this, let us know eh? (Gotta say that 'Great Vigor' has to be the klutziest brandname ever invented, no wonder they use GV now!!!)

I have a BV1 nitro which I'm converting to electric power (tests really promising-goes very well -too well... too fast!), and an earlier one (also nitro but undergoing EP conversion) which I'm not dead sure what model it is. (If you search Great Vigor on the Tamiyaclub forum you'll see a pic of my two). They were/are imported into Oz by Model Engines, who have some spares. But I've had no response at all on forums with my wanted ads, which is odd 'cos I'd have thought that there would be plenty of dead ones around ripe for parting out!

I'd like to see your WRX without the body, what about a pic?